Alpha Strider a new 3d printed robot project

robothut

Ozzy asked for a gold body with blue feet and Arms. in the programmed mode. The full rotation servo for the gear display costs more than a standard 9g servo. So the price will have to reflect the added materials costs.  $135.00 for the programed version. Contact me Oz.

DSC01931.jpg

DSC01932.jpg

DSC01933.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The black bot looks great in person but is near impossible to take a picture of. OK here is the box art for both bots. Only the action claims change on the two boxes.

bothboxart.jpg

The gold is nice, but to get the full effect of the lights, I think a dark color works best. So, are we going with $135 for the pre-programmed production models, John?

Yes $135 for the programed model. Here is a Silver/gray with black feet that is programmed that I made for myself, I even got some nice gluey finger prints on the black feet. And here is a White with black feet that is manual control that I built for myself.

DSC01934.jpg

DSC01935.jpg

DSC01939.jpg

DSC01940.jpg

Actually with red being my favorite color...even the light red would be good for me. I wanted the red Alpha Rama bot at Botstock, but was beaten to it, so I got the gold one which is very nice as well. But if you can make them in standard red, that would be great.

Dunno, John, after the red, I guess the silver/gray is the next best color...ummm, minus the gluey fingerprints, of course! :blush:

john, if you're selling the white with black feet manual, i will take it?

One cool bot John.....congrats.....love the gears in his chest and like Jose said the way the chest lens plate protrudes....cheers!

Ken asked for a red one, its not done as I am waiting on some parts but I thought you might like to see what the face looks like with a blue LED behind the mouth. Since the robot was red I thought blue would be better than a red LED in the mouth.

DSC01942.jpg

Ok, John, here's my official order: I'd like the silver/gray as you show it, with the black feet, and gearbox, but could you also make the plate behind the gears black as well? it would really make the colored gears pop! Thanks.

Yes I can do that Tinplate 6  but the black gearbox background will not make the colored gears pop, its dark the white makes the gears pop. but what ever you want is fine with me. You want the programmed  version  right ?

Hey John, that red looks great. Great idea changing out the color light in the mouth. Can't wait to get it...it looks great. Thanks so much.

Archived