Alpha Strider a new 3d printed robot project

robothut

On May 8, 2016 at 7:11 AM, robothut said:

The mouth and eyes lit up. I print a translucent white part to hold the LED's in place and diffuse the light for the eyes and mouth. They will be ON when ever the robot is ON.

DSC01918.jpg

That is one of the best robot faces I've seen in a long time!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

john, i'll have a manual /auto remote control version, and i like the fact that the torso sticks out. looks great.

John, one for me please, not sure which just now, possibly the non remote version. I'll wait to see the videos of both in action. Both will be great.

I'm going to have to get a new display cabinet, solely for John Rigg robots to be all together. Three so far, now how big does the cabinet need to be at the present rate of John churning them out. :scratchhead:

John??

You really are the kid in the candy store with that new machine of yours. Put me down in ink for one too , John I cannot resist those angry martian eyes. And for God's sake take some sleep, fella !!, on second thought. stay up and continue dreaming of what you can create for us next 

:hail:

Oh man, can I get in line for one, too? Still deciding on manual/remote...You are really outdoing yourself on this one. I want a shot at a box design someday, too! 

cheers,

Dave

Brilliant. How you figured out that just sweeping the 4 servos and mounting them in a certain orientation would create a walking motion is really amazing.  

OK here is part 2 on you tube. You can see both the manual control and the programed bot in action.

DSC01927.jpg

DSC01928.jpg

Very impressive John. I think I would rather go with the black, pre-programmed version myself. It seems you have all the moves programmed into it already.

Both are great robots john. impressive video of both robots in action.

Ill see here also that black is not the best color to print with.. noticed that here also... 3D prints in black does not turn out here very well either.
Would it be possible to build both versions in ONE robot ?  So that you can choose if you want to operate the robot with a remote you plug in or programmed ?
just some ideas.... the robot works programmed and the remote with a tulip plug is also provided. when you plug in the remote it switch to remote control, otherwise it works
automaticly..

Cheer

Marco

Can not do the 2 in 1 idea as there are 7 servos so 7 siganl lines would have to be switched a 7 pole dt switch would be required and theres no room for that in this scale. As for Red I have only found the translucent red and the solid red colors that I have printed robots in no dark red so far.

Archived