Alpha Strider a new 3d printed robot project

robothut

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now you will all just have to decide if you want the manual /auto remote control version like the blue one will be or if you want the programed version like the Black one will be. I am waiting on a few parts to arrive to finnish them both up. So soon there will be video of both actions. Ken start thinking about some sort of new box artwork ideas. Here are some pictures of the black one in a mock up, once the parts arrive I will be able to demo the gear display and bending action of the programmed version and the full functions of the remote control version. I might in the mean time print up a few bodys in different colors until we find the best color for this bot. One change I will make to the blue robot is to decrease the depth of the chest gear display by 4mm so it does not stick out quite so far. I would love to make it flush to the front but the depth of the robot body will not allow this since there is a servo behind the gear display and batterys and a power switch. I should have made a fatter robot !

DSC01910.jpg

DSC01911.jpg

DSC01912.jpg

DSC01914.jpg

DSC01915.jpg

DSC01916.jpg

DSC01917.jpg

Picture of the gear unit parts. There will be a continuous rotation servo that drives the center gear and that will make the smaller gears spin around the inside the larger white outside gear. The servo will stop when sent a "center" signal and will turn right or left when sent a right or left signal. The more right or left "from center" the faster the servo will run. So we can have all kinds of fun with the gear display . Now if the servo's would just arrive, they are fom a US seller but you know they come from China.

DSC01886.jpg

The mouth and eyes lit up. I print a translucent white part to hold the LED's in place and diffuse the light for the eyes and mouth. They will be ON when ever the robot is ON.

DSC01918.jpg

Don't worry John...ideas started going through my head the minute I saw the first pics. I have some ideas which I'll run by you once I get a good pic of the whole robot to draw from and compose something.

Just finished a body in Gray just to see how it would look. I think I will do one in the Bright White plastic I have.

DSC01923.jpg

Archived