Nomura (TN) Catalog 1961

gernot

Reprint from a japanese Toy magazine in 1981

Please be aware that the last two pages show parts from a 1956 Yonezawa catalog ( could be separated  in another Topic) and the first and last page show parts of the toy magazine with ads from early 80s toy shows. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks Gernot. I will separate those last two pages.

This is wonderful. There are some new timeline dates in here including the early version of the Space Mobile.

Joe - I'll add them to the database, if you want to handle the Timeline.  New Timeline Items

Brian, if you look closely to the pictured Space Mobile Unit you see the three lenses and the driver and the pin on the round helmet, same as the metallic blue version with the batteries in the trailer with an electric cable connection.

However the base of the camera is bigger same as the more simple one lens version and the three round dots are there on the trailer side and the wheel has a longer steering stem....mmh, maybe a handpainted inbetween prototype in the catalog and the three lenses were reduced to one lens in production.

I always had the impression that the one lens version came later than the three lens version, it is more simple, the batteries are in the vehicle, not in the trailer, the one lens does not move, the details of the litho are more simple.

Do we have a reference for either of these versions yet?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Yes, Gernot, I see your point. We have not got a definitive date for each version so it's guesswork at the moment. I believe earlier discussion assumed the single lens version was older because it looks more primitive. Joe found a reference to an Antique Toy World article that dated the single-lens version to 1955, but there was no confirmation. Many pieces were guess-dated to 1955 back then.

The old argument that more complex = earlier is worth remembering. But everything about the style of the single-lens just looks older.

Well, we have a no-later-than date of 1961 for the single lens version. We are half way there.

Archived