Yoshiya High Wheel Robot Art

Action Robot

Hey gang,

I know this probably belongs in the robot art forum, but I don't think many people visit over there :).

I'm very excited to have finished (well, probably...almost...we'll see) my latest piece. Doing the Botstock 13 poster got me interested in vector art again, and gave me the inspiration to finish a piece I started over a year ago, and abandoned when I got frustrated with the drudgery of it all (vector art is not nearly as fun to make for me as a painting or drawing is). Let me know what you think! My eventual plan is to do full-body portraits of iconic robots, and then print them at human size (5 to 6 feet tall). I hope I can stick with it, I think they will look amazing at that scale!

cheers,

Dave

High_Wheel_Robot_web.thumb.jpg.a61b00734

Very nice! Looks almost like the real thing.

Could this also be printed on a canvas with a slight different background color, like grey?

Would look nice on the wall in the robot room!

You've got some really sophisticated stuff going on here - the reflections on the tin and the nicely twisted highlights on the plastic eyes. It looks as though you're going out of focus on the arms, along the top edge of the head and on the antenna - something I didn't know you could even do with vector art. And, you've made the plastic gears convincing as another material - they look just like that translucent plastic. Nice job!

Yup; I agree with everyone else, it is photorealistic, exceptional!!

Now, my question is; what's reflected in those eyes?

Very cool. I like the photorealistic look. Like others have said this would look great blown up large and shown next to a robot collection. It would make a robot collection become more of an art collection. I think many here view their robots as art.

Very nice! I love what some of our members are doing on computer. I gave up what little I had learned on computer graphics and tend to keep doing things old school. But, then again, I am old school.

Archived