Hopping Robot 3d printed and Free at Botstock 13

robothut

John & Marco, you're opening our minds to the enormous possibilities that 3D printing is bringing to our hobby. The combination of speed, accuracy and low cost (all relative of course: you had to buy the printer and materials) must give us pause for thought. You are demystifying the whole procedure and making it affordable.

I think back to the first daisy wheel printer that I used, then the dot matrix (I'm still deaf) followed by ink-jet, laser, color laser  and dye sublimation. That first printer cost a fortune and couldn't even print a picture.  Now they'll give me a high quality color printer for free if I'll buy the ink.

That daisy wheel is where we're at with 3D printing capabilities. Costs will drop, resolution will improve and speed will cease to be of any consequence.

Thankyou. I think I'll have to buy the 3D printer that I've been looking at for the last five years.

Brian...... I had this in mind about 2 years ago.. The 3D printing technique is quite good for years and the machines are getting better and able to print in stunning high resolution.
3D- Scanning... on which i base most of my projects is an other story... that technique is expensive and to catch objects so, that they can be printed as well without any loss of details is still a bitch...
some parts takes me hours, even days to catch the way i am satisfied. I am working on this since November last year. I can not even count the hours anymore that i spent in this new technique...
The printers, the scanning, the programms and not to forget the heavy computers you need to render the 3D files gave me many sleepless nights... you have to invent many things again to get from A to Z.... but hey... its ALL for the hobby ! ;-)

more... MUCH more to come :)....

Have a great eastern weekend all !

Marco from the Dutch Caves .....

Marco, you too are one of the great inspirations here but I'm still interested in seeing more pics of the Dutch Caves. :thumbs:

Well, Marco and Andy. Since I love history , especially when it connected to art, I looked up the caves of Valkenburg.  This area is fantastic! I would love to see it. So much to see in this world and so little time. I've only seen a lot of the U.S last year in my 5 week tour.

Archived