ROBBIE NOMURA DRIVE BELT

funkrobotik

Heres a thing Gents and I'm sure its been covered before but can someone tell me where the info is regarding changing the piston drive belt on the TN Robbie without taking him to bits . The tabs wont take another strip down job.

Cheers if you can help.ù:lecture:

Good luck with that Funk!

I tried the belt replacement without stripping the bot and found it nigh on impossible. 

The cross section of the O ring was larger than the gap between the drive pulley and the leg walking plate. 

Certinly worth doing though as this robot is nothing without the pistons and antennas working.

Good luck!!

Hi Ian, not really able to offer any advice other than post a few photos of the inside, showing the belt and possibility of accessing it without a full back body off.  

Robby Mechanized Inside.jpg

Inside Mechanized Robby Robot.jpg

Inside Mechanized Robby Robot-005.jpg

The important thing about the belt is that it must not be tight ! and a wide belt that will grab the wall of the pulleys is important. It is possible to fish a long wire with a hook on the end up from the leg slots and pull the new belt down from the ear drive pulley and get it a round the lower drive pulley. Its not easy but it can be done.

Thanks again guys,, the more info the better .

Dave,,, never realised the belt was that heavy.

Lol Sorry Maloo,,, My posts come up as a quote from you.I must have pressed a wrong button. :frustrate:

• Brian.. changed the title to ROBBIE NOMURA DRIVE BELT

Archived