Gustav #1

Ranger

I have been talking Gustav's with a few members this last couple of weeks since I sold one to Gernot.  I thought it would be easier to post here on alpha about G#1 for all to see should they wish and at the same same create a permanent as it is possible record of #1.

I airbrushed Henk's original tel number out just incase who ever lives now should by any chance have the same telephone number,you never know.

Hope you. like the photos.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

A proud owner, Ranger, and some of your best photos, perhaps you could clarify something about Gustav. I have always thought Gustav was a modified recent production robot such as the repro Sparky with some of Henk's own parts fitted, having looked again it is obvious the Sparky/Space repro was not used as it is a completely different body shape, Henk's Gustav body is more like a Radar robot,  I'm not sure, did henk make a completely new robot, perhaps with a few borrowed parts. Sorry if I sound a bit lacking in knowledge, perhaps I should pay more attention?

Hi MRH

Thanks. I am using .....a camera now! Amazing eh? Plus some really good software on my new laptop which makes the pics look better. Gustav is indeed a sparky robot originally. Henk modified the body and made some of the other parts too. Posted another pic of him in the cabinet alongside the box. I have never had any of them alongside their boxes on display. I will probably take it out and keep it in a darker place again.

Here is a link to where it all started MRH. There is lots more on alpha.

12.jpg

"Gustav is indeed a sparky robot originally. Henk modified the body and made some of the other parts too". Thanks for that, Ranger, it all becomes clear now.

Very nice! I will be home on Wednesday and will post some pics of mine as well. Maybe everyone who has a Gustav could join in for a family reunion. But lets not start that whole numbering controversy again! lol.

Archived