Gustav 2.0 => Gosstavo Robot

marco

Looking great Marco! Congratulations with your final results! 

It will be my first Dutch robot on the shelve....

Cheers 🍻

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Marco for all your efforts to create that robot in memory or our dear friend Henk who passed away so sadly 10years ago. His spirit is still among us and his comments here at Alphadrome.

I am sitting now in Japan writing these words, just like 10 years ago when the sad news reached me. 

The idea to start another Gustav 2.0 production came some time ago in our heads and I knew that you were the only one who could make that idea real.

With help of many comments from outside you managed to combine the past creation of Henk with your own ideas and new 3d technologie made it finally work.

The result is stunning and with the nice box a true special item for our robot community has been created.

We can and shall not compare these new creations with the original work that Henk did with different ideas and technology behind it - Gustav has a different history and presence.

The new Gosstavo stands amazing on his own and will be special to add to any collection and especially great to have both standing next to each other- Henks Gustav and Marcos Gosstavo.

I followed that project from the beginning and it is great to see that it has become reality.

I will be proud to add Gosstavo to my shelves.

Cheers Mark, Thanks !... I thought a tribute was at place here on Alphadrome. ;) 

Alle...Thanks and I believe yours is in the first run.. will check demain pour vous.

Oh and Gernot..you are more than Welcome !.. i know that you had a special connection with Henk and with Gustav in particular..
Yes and exactly for that reason I did not want to make a next Gustav Run...Its a different history and presence that should stay untouched !
Its a different time, new technology and new ideas. I will always remember Xris his exact words when he saw the Harlequin... " Ow Henk would have loved it "

Now there is Gosstavo to stand next to the amazing Gustav Robot and I am proud that collectors like you and many others will have Gosstavo on display on their shelves.
For me it was a very special rollercoaster project Gernot. Thanks for your kind words.

Marco

Today I packed and shipped the first Gosstavo Robots... It was hard to let them go :). so much work in such a small box...
Every robot is different on its own way... handpainted, put together, adjusted and packed in Marcy' made box..
Guess they all will be missed a bit here...

So cool to pack up selfmade robots and sent them to your friends and collectors..
`cant wait for the first ones to arrive.
Tomorrow some more to pack up and ship... What a cool hobby we have.. wow..

Marco

Archived