Gustav 2.0 => Gosstavo Robot

marco

This color scheme really looks good, much better than the black and white, also the mouth does not need the grin...

The arms also fit perfectly in shape, maybe a little short, but almost ok. Would not be a problem.

Ears a bit wide, but also nothing serious.

Will you also use different colors for arms, legs, feet and body, one side darker, one side brighter, or just the face plate?

Getting close to the final edition....

(please keep that version for me, if you think of letting it go....), you know I got also Henks early version...

Thank you Marco for all your effort of this Project.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha, how about that Marco, I suggested the Ranger arms would look good and they are indeed what you must have already chose yourself,it looks good! :thumbs:

Marco, I'll miss that grin, but it definitely gives it a cleaner appearance, and it will be much less time consuming for you, it looks great!  :thumbs:

Already a beauty, in my eyes!

Painting the mask up to the ears, really looks good and also is a nice design reason for that silver layer. Thanks for your patience with all discussions, you keeping track of your project's red line. 

Have a nice day off.

Dear Alphadromers....

First of all i want to thank you all for all the input, suggestions and ideas on this Gosstavo Project. 

Today I finished the second prototype of Gosstavo. I had to build up a complete robot again to see how the changes would look like.
what is different: The ears have been painted as well in the 2-tone colors. the hands and the backpack have been painted in the dark metallic color and the rivet strip on the front in the light metallic color.

I have made changes to the legs, they are painted in the dark metallic color now and the antenna on Gosstavo`s head is a tryout in red.
Here are some pictures of Gosstavo #2 Prototype and a comparison to the first one. LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS ! smile-emoticon
Marco

DSC_0084.JPG

DSC_0086.JPG

DSC_0088.JPG

DSC_0091.JPG

DSC_0092.JPG

DSC_0093.JPG

DSC_0094.JPG

DSC_0095.JPG

DSC_0096.JPG

DSC_0097.JPG

Hi Marco

Great work your doing but to me the ears look too big and I don't think the red works unless maybe he had red feet or maybe red feet and hands. I would be glad to buy him though!

!!post-331-1173035916.jpg

Takes me back to old Gunther..

Gosstavo #2 looks really good Marco.

I like the painted rivet strip, it nicely joins / blends the head to the body if that makes sense.

I hate to disagree with mi mate Ranger but i really like the red antenna.

A little more red the better being either hands, feet or back pack.

I guess you are going to get a hundred different opinions!

As I said Maloo, if another part such as the feet or hands or as you said the back pack was red too, then I would like it. Maybe red eyes like on my Gunther robot above would be enough?

post-331-1173036131.jpg

post-331-1173035964.jpg

Hello Marco, I have been watching the evolution of this new robot Gosstavo / Gustav 2.0 and first of all I congratulate you on this wonderful project, I agree with the previous review of Ranger about ears and the red color... in my opinion perhaps the arms stay much the same color of the legs and as well all face a single color,  maybe he look good with the same color dark mettalic or red to combine with red hair??, as the rest is perfect. Good job :-)

cheers

Joao

I think Gosstavo with Gunther red lense eyes would look good Ranger. 

But i guess many on this forum would disagree.

That's life!!

Yes Agreed Paul !
The red antenna was not a good choice... I came back after lunch, looking at it again and you are right about the red.
I changed it into black so it goes with the feet.

The ears belong to a prototype that Henk made, found them in the box with the Gustav Parts.
As i did not want to use gustav ears for Gosstavo, I used these instead.

Here are some pics.

Marco

DSC_0099.JPG

DSC_0100.JPG

DSC_0101.JPG

DSC_0102.JPG

DSC_0103.JPG

DSC_0104.JPG

Interesting and entertaining test run! You asked for comments. Here we go.

- Woosh, already changed the antenna, before I finished my post. -

I very much like the legs, the hands and the backpack. Are the feet being planned to have the same dark tone like in the face?

The rivet line, I don't like it painted. This is weakening the effect of the mask. The mask should be absolutely dominant. It is the soul of Gosstavos's appearance.

Also it is a bit like a too simple imitate of a chrome finish.

The ears: not part of Henk's logo, too detailed and complicated. Also, if you have a good view of one ear, you can't see the other. The two-tone effect mostly vanishes for the ears. Instead: symmetrically darkening just the flat outer cone, that bit only, as this already appears rather dark in some photos. This might help the colour balance for a side view.

A dark screw to hold the arms?

Red antenna: (gone already, let me comment before it might reappear).

101 prototypes and a production run of 25, oh dear.

Edited this again and again, last change 15:09 local time. K 😀 and a tear for Armand.

Well thanks also to joao, maloo for your comments on this project.
as i said before.... i believe gosstavo is a bit of us all and all the comments are usefull for sure

Klaus...well.... yes there will perhaps be some more prototypes :-)   Gernot was in the Caves yesterday and tomorrow I will go to Xris to talk about Gosstavo as well.
all your input has been very useful. 

I agree with you Klaus, the painted rivets on front take away the face effect. 
exactly the reason why i have to make some prototypes to see how it looks, step away for a couple of days and than look at it again.

I also tried, as gernot suggested earlier, to paint only the rivets but that does not look good either.
The third prototype will have:
No painted rivets on front
the ears... I think i like it from the first prototype.. not painted at all... only the face painted 2 tone
I will also paint the inner screws in the center of the arm... funny detail... these are meccano screws that i found a full bag in Henks box with parts.
i have no idea what he had in mind with them but i use them to attach the arms to the body now... I will paint them dark metallic for the next prototype.

I think the legs and feet are OK the way i have them on #2.... dark metallic with black feet.
antenna in black is also an option i would like to keep.

I have to think about the key.... using the metal one that comes with the sparky is not an option because I have to cut a part of the axe.
I can try to make one on the printer, its small and must be precise but i think it can be done...

Klaus... may i ask you to "draw" the design for the key for this robot ?  I will see if i can make it digital than and ready.
I am sure you can come up with some special key for Gosstavo :)

Tomorrow I will visit the Waterloo Caves... Talk to Xris about this project and dive up some robots and parts.....still a lot stuff from Henk there ...

CheErs !!!

Marco

Archived