Gustav 2.0 => Gosstavo Robot

marco

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Robert,

Should not be a problem. I will make only 10 of these, not more to keep them exclusive and besides that, it takes 65 hours to make one, and thats only the time to print all the parts for one robot.
I make these robots in a totally way over the top high quality but that costs some serious time :)
At this moment, 7 are sold, so still 3 available...
if you are interested than drop me a message at boogo.nl@gmail.com

There is a topic: Giant " little" robot      here you can find some more information about this project

Cheers :)
Marco

Just before a short vacation, i really wanted to see how the first results would look like for Gosstavo so I crawled out of bed early this morning and reached the Dutch Caves in darkness.. everybody seemed to be sleeping still......:-)

The main part of the robot, the adjusted body part, is also the most difficult part to create with over 15 hours of printing time to make one complete bodypart, a lot of things can go wrong so i rather stay in the neighberhood to see if all goes well and correct if needed.
in the video                     GOSSTAVO ROBOT PROTOTYPE 1 PART 1       You can see the first. lets say 30 % completed of the prototype of Gosstavo.  The details, which i wanted to catch in this robot seems to be printed perfectly in high resolution so that looks promising for sure.
in the video                     GOSSTAVO ROBOT PROTOTYPE 1 PART 2       Here you can see the progress so far... body is really starting to get shape now... so far so good :)
with music now :            GOSSTAVO ROBOT PROTOTYPE 1 PART 3       almost entered the point where the printer will start to build up the head of the robot. the body so far looks really AWESOME !! in breathtaking absolutely OVER THE TOP painfully  quality... :-)
almost there.....              GOSSTAVO ROBOT PROTOTYPE 1 PART 4       Still 1 hours to go but the countdown can begin.. can not wait to ripp it off the heated bed and have it in hands :)

In my vacation i have the time than to think the details over and how to install the mechanism in the body. 
So here we go... GOSSTAVO Prototype 1 Part ONE ! :)  Its just like Henk is pulling the strings here above the printer to arrange the printhead into the right positions :) Awesome ! :)
More to come..

( check:    serial # 5 Alle ! )   Thanks for the nice chat yesterday, it was my pleasure !

Marco

I didnt had the time yesterday to post the final result of the first Gosstavo Robot prototype print  here on the board here so here we go :)  I was pretty tired yesterday
after spending almost 16 hours in the Caves... long long day but...it was really worth the wait...

I wanted, just before i go on a short vacation, finish the first try out for the body of Gosstavo. now that i know that it can be printed perfectly i can think.. while
standing on my skies.. about the rest of the robot.

Well.. the body looks very promising and will be the base for the rest of the robot. 
I am planning to combine Henk's Logo ( the 2-tone colors ) in Gosstavo's Face. How and what exactly.. I will start with that after my vacation.
also the arms will be finished than along with the modified legs... got some plans for that as well but have to work that out later on..

For now...so far so good... here are some pics of Gosstavo's First prototype...The project has been started ! ) 
have a great weekend

marco

12794752_1100140703341603_3921868374076976229_o.jpg

12829023_1100140653341608_7659899427356746584_o.jpg

12829142_1100140660008274_5350052273981598887_o.jpg

12829255_1100140706674936_4821476841929773763_o.jpg

12841421_1100140696674937_7256036670038595488_o.jpg

for me, although it is not new, the 3D printers are something extraordinary, imagine a 3D printer but very large size able to do things the size of a human or higher up?!, humm make me think

Are these the feet of Giant Liliput or Atomic Robot Man in the corner behind Gosstavo?

neither of them gernot :-)

johnydroid... you can find the info in the first part of this post.
I have a few days vacation at this moment, when i come back i will finish the prototype and i can tell more about the colors and other details

tnx Alle

and John, Tnx man, appreciated...Let the printer run ! :)

Marco

Ok, just got back from vacation and I had some time to think about how to proceed with Gosstavo. To fit the mechanism into the body need some adjustments but it can be done, should not be a big problem. 
I made a print of only the head and started to do some handpainting to see how henks "logo" would look like on the head... I think it will be a very cool gosstavo head this way...and not a single gosstavo will be the same when i have to handpaint 25 of these :biggrin: 

Tomorrow I will start with the paintjob of the legs and I am still looking for cool arms for gosstavo... i have some ideas for this as well :biggrin: more about that later...

to be continued....
Marco

DSC_0210.JPG

Marco, the painted face looks fantastic, it matches the logo perfectly! Will you continue the harlequin color scheme throughout the body?

Marco, the painted face looks fantastic, it matches the logo perfectly! Will you continue the harlequin color scheme throughout the body?

Thanks but this is just a quick first try to see how things look like as i have them in my head..
Most 3D printers can only print in one color...There are some dual extruders in the market but i have not seen much nice results of those printer..
So i have to deal with ONE color when i print the complete body...

I am sure there will be other samples to follow up on this one :-)
once a 3D part is painted, it can not be cleaned or adjusted anymore.. once its painted its permanent...
so for every new sample i have to print a head or body... to test and paint or whatever i want to try ...
ah... keep in mind.. this robot is not just an other robot.. its GOSSTAVO ! :)

Cheers
Marco

Archived