Alpha-Rama the Biped walking robot project

robothut

John, thank you for the opportunity for this incredible (as usual) robot...after much thought I'll have to pass this time around, thank you.  Someone will take my place I'm sure. :biggrin:

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem Morbius, I am just looking for a head count. This project will take all year most likely do to print times of the 25 parts and the fact that I like to do other things from time to time.So who know you may be in later on.

In trying to keep track of how long it takes to 3d print the parts for one robot I am printing and keeping track of the build files. This first picture is a print of 7 parts and the time they require too print is 1 hour 15 minuets.. I will try and document the rest of the build the same way. The parts are the beer bottle, the 2 arm claws, the bottle claw, the servo bottle arm, the servo mount for the bottle arm and the battery box back plate "it also holds the chest door artwork".

DSC01716.jpg

DSC01719.jpg

Fantastic John! Ad me to the list. I would love the prototype, but so would many others. Maybe you need a lottery? However you decide put me down for both or either!

OOPS! after more careful reading I see you have set up a drawing for the prototype. Please add me!

Updated list.

No money up front but it does help to know how many are interested in having one, so when I order parts I can get the best price. So add your name to this list if you think you might want one.

robot polishing his rocket

ratchet

Ranger

chilli

Andyman

I Robot

Joe K.

Nick in NY

Jonydroid

Brian

Ultrarobotman

robobob

MetalRobotHead

roboz

kennetzel

THUNDER

festival

robert

Electric Robot and Son

And here are two feet and 2 servo gears that just finnished printing at 3 hours and 28 minuets.

DSC01722.jpg

DSC01723.jpg

So...the more complex the part, the more print time?

I'm still having a hard time accepting that a 3D printer made those gears.

Andy it made them just as you see them, trust me. At first I thought I might have to make the large gear on the foot a separate file and lay it down like the smaller servo gear, Or print it vertically with lots of supports. But with just the few break a way supports you see in the picture the printer is able to print the large gear as part of the foot just as you see it. Amazing ! Any way I am still grouping up the parts and timeing out the build time,. I should have more to post today.

OK here is group 4, made up of the Body Back, Body Top, Battery Door and Battery latch. Total print time 2 hours 31 minuets.

DSC01727.jpg

DSC01726.jpg

OK B9 and I had the drawing for the winner "person that can buy it " of the Alpha-Rama prototype robot. You tube link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFavfOmUHCA&feature=youtu.be

Yes I put in the names in a Lost in Space hat and drew the winner with a robot claw. The papers were mixed up before they were dumped in the hat and they are used paper in that they had some printing on them but only my handwriting is what counts.

So check to see if your the winner ! if you fail to meet your obligation's as the chosen one a second drawing will be held.

Archived