Alpha-Rama the Biped walking robot project

robothut

OK so I bought a 3d printer a few weeks ago that was for sale "FOR PARTS ONLY" off Ebay " a few hundered bucks so I had to take the chance" and fixed it up in a few hours. That got me printing dirt cheep. The robot clock I did a thread on a week ago was the first thing I printed and it turned out great. So then I decided it was time to learn for 3d cad design. I down loaded a free program called Design Spark Mechanics. I am not good at it but I have managed to design and print out 25 parts from 18 different files I generated. 

So many of us thought of the Jaggernaught as a drunk robot when it was walking that I thought, well if its a drunk robot they want then look no further than BENDER from Future-Rama. So I did a mash up of Bender and Alphabot that I call Alpha-Rama. Bender claims to be powered by Beer , or so he claims in the shows and his favorite thing to say is "KIss my shiny metal ass" so I had to add a 7th servo for the beer pouring mechanical arm that comes out of the chest opening to his mouth and a sound bite of his line.

here is a you tube that explains alot more.

https://youtu.be/gOKPxDrr9yQ

DSC01678.jpg

DSC01677.jpg

DSC01679.jpg

DSC01684.jpg

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that's just a peach, John.  I can see an utterly addictive group of robots lurching into view: Alpha-Frankenbot, Alpha-Trump. It's a complete franchise! Please put me on your list if this reaches the production line.

The feet servos are gear connected now, the Jaggernaught was a lever and ball bearing set up, these gears look great, sort of like a cartoon joke.

The programming slot is on top the head, the beer bottle neck antenna lifts out. Oh I added two rubber strips to the bottom of the feet so that they do not slip so much and it should make the robot more stable on non clean or level surfaces. Here is a picture of the gear feet drive and the 25, 3d printed parts.

DSC01685.jpg

DSC01676.jpg

I am now that I have my own 3d printer ! Now lets see what Ken can come up with for box art. I will have to sell this first prototype to help pay for my project development so contact me if interested.

Fantastic John !! I love Bender !

If this is available please LMK 
I  have collected a few Bender toys 

Oh love that sound chip that tells you to " bite my shiny metal @ss "!!!!

maybe throw in  a fire burp  :thumbs:

HAHA! just fantastic. john, i have sent you a PM. put me on the list for one, he will be a great drinking buddy for jagger.

A beer drinking robot modelled after Bender....it doesn't get any better John!   I hope you put him into production.   Those gnarly leg gears are a great look!  He would look right at home standing beside Jaggernaut, even though he's quite the contrast in look😀

Archived