Alpha-Rama the Biped walking robot project

robothut

John, I would love to know what printer you're using an how you've found it handles. Perhaps not to hi-jack this thread, but it's worth a topic of its own. We are clearly entering a new age.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Collecting robots is an addiction, now we can collect robots with their own addiction!!!

Put me down for one if they go in to production.

cheers

Chilli

You'd need a sound chip..."Hey buddy, you ain't drinkin' with me?? What's your problem??":wacko:

Designated driver Morbius?

Yes please John I would love one if you decide to produce him!

Yes I plan to do a run of these Alpha-Rama bots after I tweek a few of the CAD files and find the money to move forward. The LED lighting I put in the Robot Hut was all on credit cards and so the wife was not real pleased when I bought a broken printer off ebay. But now that she see's that I have it printing and yes I print things for her and the grand kids as well, she is OK with it as long as I pay back what I owe the bank. So first off is to find the best way to sell off the prototype in a fair manner. I would just use ebay but I hate selling in general and hate selling on ebay more. So I am open for ideas. Brian I will start a thread on 3d printers, then all of us that are using them can post from our persective"s. I am using a a machine made by FashForge there  DEAMER unit. It was designed for ABS printing mainly as ABS plastic is harder to print with out warping problems, so the unit can be completely closed up and the inside temperature controlled. But when printing in PLA plastic you do not need the 3d printing chamber warm, in fact you need it cool. Well I will go in to this more in the 3d printing thread.

As I mentioned on the Jaggernaut post...I'm in for one too. ANd I came up with a package design I sent to John for his approval.

Hey John -

If there's a bit of a cash flow problem in getting these going, I'd be more than happy to pre-pay for mine. LM (us) K.

Hi John thanks for the video

i love the bender´s eyes it´s very cool

if it goes for production let me know

Congrats

Cheers

Paul suggested a fair way to find the Prototype a home. I set a price, lets say $250.00 "the money goes to a good cause, helping robots" then anyone that is interested in having the robot at that price, lets me know and I will randomly draw a name from a hat and that person gets it. Every one has the same odds that way. Does that sound fair to you all ?

If folks agree John, then put my name in please. There would have to be a cut off time/date then I imagine for people to get their names in in time?

Thanks.

I'd also be delighted to put the money up front to oil the wheels. And please add a decent margin for yourself, John.

That's also a good option isn't it John. We pay you up front. That way you get to keep your prototype or sell it as you please. I am happy with whatever you choose to do.

Archived