Giant " Little " Robot

marco

The first 3D printed Little Giant Robots have left Caves last week. I was not able to sent them out with the box Marcy made.
Next week I will go to the pressingroom ( they were on vacation :-( and see how quickly the can make a run of these boxes.
So the box will be sent afterwards seperatly...

I brought one to Xris yesterday and he also really liked the artwork marcy made for the Little Giant :)

Between Gosstavo and a new project, the printers are running full time to get the last 5 little giants ready.
Cant wait to see how the robot looks together with the box :)

Marco

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little Giant #3 with friends joins the roboz collection 

Marco if you are able , it will be nice to see where all 10 end up !

:cheers:

LG3.jpg

Hey Oz,

GOOD to see that little susie AND little Giant arrived there in good order and i see they are in love already :)
If all goes well, the box will be coming from the pressingroom on tuesday or wednesday..
Cant wait to see the robot complete with its box. I will post some pics of course when the set is complete.

The parts for the next five little giants are lining up at my workbench again, number 6 - 10 :)
Will be ready in a week or 2, maybe 3 and can be completed directly by a fantastic box made by Marcy  !!

The record of numbering of these robots will stay in my administration of course so I always know where the ended up.

Enjoy !!

Marco

Wow Marco, those bots are looking fantastic! You should send the 3D files to Mr. Riggs, so there could be a North American run as well :) Of course, his would probably dance and make pancakes!

cheers,

Dave

Marco prints in " High definition" I print in "middle of the road" quality, we have different goals for our projects. But yes I would never make a static robot when I know I can make it dance.

Dave.... Fantastic idea of course but the robots would not be original anymore than...These are produced in the NETHERLANDS...so making them in North America would make them not original anymore..... hahahahaha

And now.... LETS DANCE ! :).... 
I just received the prints for the original box for Little Giant Robot and the result is... SMASHING !!
Good work takes some serious time though and therefore it took some time to make the combination of the robot and the box complete.
My special thanks goes to Marcy for creating the fantastic artwork for this box... you can be proud Marcy !  It turned a special and legendary robot into something even more special ! WOW !

The box is made in a professional pressing room. Exactly the same producure was used to make the boxes for your toys in the fifties and the sixties. No lasercopy, no printed paper glued on cardboard,  but the real thing.. a box as it should be :)
As this robot was made was made in an exclusive run of only 10 pieces, there will be only the same amount of boxes to go with the robot.
However.. i have 25 of these boxes in total ( The minimum amount ), So ill have a couple of spares.  I can put them away in my caves overhere but I think thats a pity.

Now I never had the time to join Botstock so far but I believe there is a so called "Swag " every year.  If you guys are interested, I can sent 10 original boxes of Little Giant Robot ( the toplid, flat ) to Botstock 13.
You can make a box out of it yourself or frame the artwork, whatever you want.
I believe there is still some time to get the boxes there.  I dont know to whom i can sent them so let me know if you go to Botstock 13, I can sent you the boxes than so you can bring them to the event.

Here are some pictures of Little Giant Robot ( Inspired by Japan ! ) Made in the Netherlands ! :) but now WITH its original box !

And John... nopes, the robot does not dance... but I think it rocks and at least thats something my friend :)

Marco

DSC_0183.JPG

DSC_0184.JPG

DSC_0185.JPG

DSC_0187.JPG

DSC_0188.JPG

DSC_0189.JPG

DSC_0191.JPG

DSC_0192.JPG

DSC_0193.JPG

DSC_0194.JPG

DSC_0195.JPG

DSC_0196.JPG

DSC_0197.JPG

Marco, again, as always, this has turned out to be a superior product, thanks to both you and Marcy! If you'd like, you can ship the lids to me, and I'll take them on to Botstock, although, with just under two weeks to go, I'm not sure if they'd get here in time...hey, even if they don't, once they're here in the states, I can forward them on to whoever wants one, it's up to you.

Hello Brady,

I am finishing your box as we speak. I will pack the 10 extra boxes with your robot and have them sent out today, normally they would be there in time.
I will sent your missing wheel robot next week than.

Marco

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your comments, appreciated !!   The First Little Giants with the original box, Marcy Made for this robot, did arrive with their new owners last week. Makes me happy and proud to see a robot I made with my own hands at the other side of the planet ;-)
Very very cool. ! 

I am doing the second run of the last 5 little giants in between Gosstavo and Roboter 703-D
The boxes are ready and about 70 % of the printing has been done.

I bought some GOLD filament and will do a test of one little giant robot in GOLD :) just curious how it would look like.
I had some requests for a golden one but as long as i can not find the good golden filament, its not a option.

Brought one to Xris today as well.. ow in fact he had the robot already but he did not had the box.. his robot is complete now.

Marco

Makes me really PROUD Brady :) 
Thanks man and I would love to see some pics of the event and the winners of the 10 boxes 

Marco

I received one of the box lids Marco and Marcy...beautiful work; thanks for taking the time to send them for the group!

Archived