LED Lighting - Bright idea for the robothut

robothut

A walkaround video showing the collection would be very cool , I found myself trying to catch a glimpse of everything on the shelves , end caps , walls etc :cheers:

Nice job, John. I'm curious as to the lifespan of the LEDs since they will be a little more wore to replace. But then again, no glass tubes to worry about breaking. No mercury contamination.

Brilliant John!  The Robot Hut looks awesome!  

We replaced all the lights in our house with LEDs.  I don't have exact figures, however our electricity usage has been reduced considerably.  The LED lights are definitely are worth the investment from what we've seen.  

We did the same Brent, over the last 4 years or so...and they've become much cheaper now from the $40 in the beginning and it did make a great difference in the hydro bill. Don't ever plan on getting the same type next time you go to the store, they seem to change by the week which has the customers scratching their heads in the light bulb isle.:wacko:

Very nice, John. With all that extra light, I could probably see everything in the Hut in a month instead of the 3 months it would have taken before the upgrade.:thumbs:

Nice job, John. I'm curious as to the lifespan of the LEDs since they will be a little more wore to replace. But then again, no glass tubes to worry about breaking. No mercury contamination.

Yes I wonder as well how long they will last. They way LED lights like these are made is like the old time xmass lights, they wire large groups of the LED's in series "30 or so" and if one goes bad then then a big section goes out. so we will see.

I am looking in to replacements for the wedge low voltage lamps I have in the cabinets now, there seem to be lots to pic from, so will have to test out a few before buying in bulk to upgrade the cabinets.

Archived