Martian Gil's Toys

Martian Gil

8 hours ago, Martian Gil said:

winter blessed us with another 7 inches of snow, so I need to climb on a tractor for awhile, lol...  

Let your robots do the job for you Kirk, I think they need to show they are usefull :biggrin:

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Martian Gil

• Roboto

• 6Stelab9

• Ranger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, 6Stelab9 said:

Let your robots do the job for you Kirk, I think they need to show they are usefull :biggrin:

You've got it - now I need to start collecting some of the great robot tractors and set them to it :thumbs: 

And, his red-footed pal.

Interesting to note some mechanical variation between the two... not just the feet or base. 

Fun stuff.

I'll load up some photos and do a "robot talk" post about them tomorrow or Thursday.

- peace

• 4 weeks later...

Here are a few current shots of the main body of the collection.

I'm still in the mode of trying to keep the size of the collection down, while I shuffle toys in and out of the group.

To that end, I will be adding a few robots to the for sale section - to make room and help subsidize the evolution...   :)

Cheers all!

The last photo is for Golddalek - the the paraplegic, footless, old Sparky and a more recent Chinese tin wind up.

Neither are gems, but both are beloved!

...and - doesn't that beat up Sparky have a freaky look?   Stare into his eyes...   :eeek:

DSC08620.JPG

DSC08621.JPG

DSC08622.JPG

DSC08586.JPG

DSC08596.JPG

DSC08574.JPG

DSC08598.JPG

DSC08579.JPG

Great pics from your collection Kirk!

I really like your taste 😁

The mighty robot, Argentinian plastics, train and do I see a Gustav? 

Always like your contributions.

Cheers 🍻

On 09/03/2019 at 6:55 PM, Martian Gil said:

The last photo is for Golddalek - the the paraplegic, footless, old Sparky and a more recent Chinese tin wind up.

Neither are gems, but both are beloved!

...and - doesn't that beat up Sparky have a freaky look?   Stare into his eyes...   :eeek:

DSC08579.JPG

I feel some tenderness for those crippled robots. It's nice you hosted one.

• 3 months later...

Thanks guys!

It's been several months since I've added a proper vintage robot to the collection... 
I that will change in the next week or 10 days!   Very excited for that package!   :biggrin:

In the meantime, I've been rounding out some smalls and getting back into tin racers and such (old habits...)    

I've also dipped my to into other tin space toys / vehicles.   the addiction does not stop.   It grows.   Take my money, lol.

Here are a 3 centerpiece "non" robots that I drool over and feel very, very lucky to own.

Two custom jobs by Marco - the Space Patrol with his printed Roboter 700 head and a fantastically fun X-9 / robot tractor that he combined.

The X-9 is pictured with one of Brian's great 3-d robots.  both, gems.

The third is a nuclear hot, Star Jet made by Marusan that I picked up from Richard (Bigbang).    This has a custom replaced tail fin on it.

Does this little Star jet ooze coolness or what!!  :thumbs:

In this pic, he's cruising with the trio of Automatic Toys' rocket ships.

Cheers all!

p.s. - if you have a chance to deal with Richard  or Marco, go for it.   Great stuff, great care in packing, shipment, etc...

DSC09209.JPG

DSC09213.JPG

DSC09215.JPG

Wow! So much fun to go through your posts in this thread from start to finish! You have done a tremendous job in such a short time. It goes without saying that you have some amazing vintage pieces. But, I LOVE your bots from Brian, of course that blue Radicon of John’s, and I am quite jealous of your Andybots Neon and really anyone who scored one of the Nobles. Fun also to read about your ongoing struggle with finding room to display them all as I have reorganized my cabinet several times since starting my collection about 4 months ago and I don’t think that I can fit another bot in the current display. I can only hope that in 3 years my collection will have grown to something resembling your own accomplishment. Thanks for sharing!

• 4 weeks later...