• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Martian Gil

• Roboto

• 6Stelab9

• Ranger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty elaborate Monkey & motorcycle. The mechanics are cool.

I thought it was a rubber band for a chain until you showed the close up of the spring.....clever.

Creepy, but, I can see some kids digging the eyeball monkey.🐵🏍️

the Tetsuwan Boy art box is great. I think I just couldn't build such a rare model and prefer let it as it is in the box...but not build is also unsatisfying.

On 9/23/2022 at 11:10 PM, tinluver2 said:

GREAT GET👌

Thanks Les - nothing as near as that amazing group you once had!  🙂

On 9/23/2022 at 11:18 PM, Golddalek said:

I thought it was a rubber band for a chain until you showed the close up of the spring.....clever.

Creepy, but, I can see some kids digging the eyeball monkey.🐵🏍️

Yeah, he'll be a cabinet toy, but I think I'll let him out near All Hollow's Eve so that he might feast on trick or treaters!!   

On 9/24/2022 at 2:34 AM, 6Stelab9 said:

the Tetsuwan Boy art box is great. I think I just couldn't build such a rare model and prefer let it as it is in the box...but not build is also unsatisfying.

True!   Both sides (build / don't build) have such strong pulls in this for me.   
Thankfully, I have many others toy and non-toy projects to keep me busy for some time...   
I hope to delay until such time as my wife and kids have to deal with it, lol. 

On 9/30/2022 at 3:12 PM, RoboCopy said:

Love that monkey!

it's a toy that only a nut could love, right!   
borders right between cute, yet horrifying...  and so much mechanical ingenuity in a small package.
Cheers!

• 4 months later...

hola to each of you!

Clive made a comment on another thread asking about the status of my ever flipping little collection, so I thought I'd update with a few pics here and there.   

I've also currently have about 60 toys too many at the moment and will likely be listing more.   
These would include several vintage, several printed from John and Brian, as well as various "project or parts toys".
If you know me and see a listing that interests you, shoot me a message.   

I'd like to express gratitude to Gernot for making an old school trade for some fun toys.   His generosity is a treasure.

It was the trade with Gernot that allowed me to add two of the little fellows in the last photo.   
The blue robots are true, early Japanese model kits - complete with a rubber band driven wind ups!   Amazing.  
I will have a post in robot talk regarding these littles - and I may try locating the correct size rubber bands at some point - 
Yochan is on the left and Delchan is on the right.

The little fellow in the center is called Apollo - another Japanese kit and is also a rubber band driven robot - I think, lol.
It is a "locking" paired puzzle robot, a bit more complex than the pair above.    
I think the rubber band is in this and has hardened in place - I won't likely take him apart as I think I would damage him.

Cheers and thanks for watching this space.  space.   space.

DSC01287.JPG

DSC01318.JPG

DSC01340.JPG

Cheers Kirk!

Yep still a great collection and the two bluey's Yoc and Del are great.

I forget the orange astronaut in your collection, is it a Daiya?

A cool fellow!

Screenshot_20230217_162531_Chrome.jpg

Thanks Alain, Stephane, and Les!
I take inspiration in collecting from each of you as well - I appreciate your comments!

Clive, my little yellow buddy is Robotel - a creation from Brian a couple years ago.   He's got a great funky design!

22 hours ago, Andyman said:

Nice stuff, Kirk

Thanks Andy!   Speaking of NICE - guess which robot keeps the others smiling?
He typically rests on top of this cabinet - his feet won't quite fit... and the big news is that he's training for the robot races!   Woot!

20230218_072211.jpg