Mr Robot Jr By Bandai

ckalkhof

I just finished restoring this little guy. I won him on EBay last week. This little fella has definitely become one of my favorites. Enjoy the vid!

Yes I love my Mr Robot as well. There is nothing like a smooth running robot. I got mine in a junk shop for a few bucks, cleaned the battery contacts and off he went.

Yes , that's the guy! Sorry for outbidding you :-(  I was surprised no one went higher to be honest. There was excess glue residue all over him. Also, you can't see it in the picture that well, but he was covered with filth. The worst part, when I opened the box, the smell of cigarette smoke almost made me pass out!  I took the whole robot apart and washed everything - that took care of all the smell and the residue on the clear plastic parts. Removing the excess glue was a bit harder. I used very fine grit (600) sandpaper and wet sanded the stuff off- being very careful not to remove any of the plastic. I then vigorously polished the non clear parts with aluminum polish to remove any fine scratches and brighten them up.  I disassembled the motor and cleaned up the comm,  used a light machine oil on the end bells and that was it. Like John says "there is nothing like a smooth running robot" !!!! How true, how true :-) 

• 2 months later...

A great robot ckalkhof.

Somehow i missed this  post :wacko:

I am after one of these little fellows myself.

Did he disassemble ok with no need to cut apart and re glue any of the body panels etc?

Maloo -

Very good question! He comes apart easily and is held together with fasters. Nothing needs to be snapped or broken to take him apart. He will be a joy for you to restore. I think there is one on Ebay now for $250 or so. Kinda pricey, but then again, these don't come around that often.

Good luck with your search.

Thanks Ckalkhof.

I have no idea as to the value of this Robot and can find no past references on sold prices.

Very elusive or just not looking in the right places?

Very nice restoration. I use Novus 2 for polishing plastic and removing fine scratches. Works great, especially on scuffed up domes. I've always liked that robot and have never seen it in motion - it is really smooth as John said. Thanks for the video.

Maloo

I would say he is a bit rare. As I mentioned, there is one on EBay right now, but I feel the price is too high. But then again, anything is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. I think I lucked out and won mine for around 55 bucks if I remember correctly. 

Thanks Robert! 

Archived