THE ROBOTS OF LORABOT

loradollbot

11 hours ago, Odd Scroobelle said:

I know just what you mean about that lonely robot on the flea market shelf. I bought a non working metallic purple robot with a red visor for the same reason. He just looked sooo sad and so I bought him! I wonder is this anthropomorhism unique to women or do guys feel this too?

I think many of us have fallen for sad features and taken in a stray robot here and there just for a rescue :)

I know this old Flashy Jim trapped me with his deep expression, lol - seriously - who couldn't love those eyes!    :thumbs:

20180228_065641.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally do not think I have that trait but my 17yr old daughter does. Being well out of the childhood toy stage, I now catch her eyes focused on toys or stuffed animals that have imperfections or seem discarded in stores or flea markets or such. She will pick them up and before she looks at me I see a certain gleem in her eye. She even tells me "it needs to be rescued"-- very precious!

He is definitely the spokebot of anthropomorphism robot style! Hey can't you see robots dancing Ganghum style? As Robot collectors I don't think we ever leave or outgrow childhood. We just call it Nostalgia. Botman your daughter has heart and learned it from someone close! Laugh Out Loud! 🤖💓🤖💓🤖💓🤖💓🤖

Archived