THE ROBOTS OF LORABOT

loradollbot

I like your robot collection Lorabot. There are some I have and some I wish to have: the silver starroid radio (I love the starroid robots), the super TV robot, your color variation of the radar hunter robot...

The pink drumboy is the only robot I lost in the mail and never find another!:dirtdog: .

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, astrogonza said:

Great collection. ... congratulations

Thanks! More pictures to come :)

5 hours ago, 6Stelab9 said:

I like your robot collection Lorabot. There are some have and some I wish to have: the silver starroid radio (I love the starroid robots), the super TV robot, your color variation of the radar hunter robot...

The pink drumboy is the only robot I lost in the mail and never find another!:dirtdog: .

Thanks! I love the Starroid robots. I only need to find the dog one 'Robark', but it's not so easy to come across. One day!

Sorry to hear Drumboy went missing, he's a wee cutie.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Loradollbot,  I've been browsing through the Collections Posts to see what others are sharing.  Your collection looks to be growing. I started somewhat along the same lines. Beware, its a slippery slope, space ships, rockets and rayguns start to work their way in.  I really like that Kinsman robot, does he work?  He's been on my list to find for a while now.  I have the Mr & Mrs Robots, but that is the first time I have seen their box  (mine were only on plain white boxes)  fun and cool.  Finally, the Space Commander robot is something I have never seen, very cool, looks like a variation on the older Talking Robots. 

Welcome from another who is new to posting here.  Lots of great info and history behind the robots available from this group.

Plus its fun to share with like minded individuals.  I've yet to meet another robot collector in Nebraska.

Someday soon I'll start sharing pictures of my collection. 

On 08/09/2017 at 6:01 PM, Mick_B said:

Hi Loradollbot,  I've been browsing through the Collections Posts to see what others are sharing.  Your collection looks to be growing. I started somewhat along the same lines. Beware, its a slippery slope, space ships, rockets and rayguns start to work their way in.  I really like that Kinsman robot, does he work?  He's been on my list to find for a while now.  I have the Mr & Mrs Robots, but that is the first time I have seen their box  (mine were only on plain white boxes)  fun and cool.  Finally, the Space Commander robot is something I have never seen, very cool, looks like a variation on the older Talking Robots. 

Welcome from another who is new to posting here.  Lots of great info and history behind the robots available from this group.

Plus its fun to share with like minded individuals.  I've yet to meet another robot collector in Nebraska.

Someday soon I'll start sharing pictures of my collection. 

Hi there! Thanks for your message! Actually, I've been collecting robots for 20 years now, so it's not a new thing to me, but it is still constantly growing of course!  I also collect other toys like action figures, weird dolls, Kaiju figures, kitsch toys, and vinyl toys, etc. so I can't devote all of my money to robots, although they are my passion. And, I'm always looing at rayguns and spaceships, so, yes, it's inevitable they will also creep in!

I think Alphadrome is great! It's so good to read up on the bots and just to look at pictures and drool! Plus, I've never met another robot collector in my life, so it's really cool.

The Knsman robot half works. The red lights on hos chest and eyes light up, and he makes a (very loud) soUnd, but no movement unfortunately. 

Looking forward to checking out your collection! :)))

On 14/09/2017 at 10:36 PM, 6Stelab9 said:

I have never seen this blue starroid variation before! Thanks for sharing.

Yes, I was surprised to come across it because I didn't know there was also a blue one. It's listed on the old robots website, but there is no information about this variation. It's advertising 'Philip Morris Super Lights' cigarettes on his head too, which is pretty funny. I recently came across a German advertising sticker also featuring a robot, so I presume robots were used in the promotion of this product! Robots are the future and the future is smoking!! :)))

$_57.JPG

On 14/09/2017 at 11:58 PM, Morbius said:

Love the skateboard robot.  Nice!

He's awesome - with full bump n go action, and the odd wheelie for good measure! I love his pose too!

• 5 months later...

Nice to see another female robot collector on here! Lorabot, I love your Creature robot and your Radio ones. I know just what you mean about that lonely robot on the flea market shelf. I bought a non working metallic purple robot with a red visor for the same reason. He just looked sooo sad and so I bought him! I wonder is this anthropomorhism unique to women or do guys feel this too? Feel free anyone to comment on this and for anyone who doesn't know Anthropomorphism is projecting human qualities to inantimate objects and or animals. Children naturally do this in the form of play but how many other adults do this. I do it and am not afraid to admit it. :biggrin::thumbs: :wacko:

Archived