12" tall ARM ornament?

Ranger

I picked up some weird ones. A large all tin ARM that had a silly coil on top of his head, there are 3 tabs to hold it in place. Needless to say, it looks a lot better with it removed. It even appears to be able to be wound up but there is no mechanism. It's quite nicely made and tabbed together very well, I wonder who it's made by?

Next is a Papa San Frankenstein 1 off sample, I like Frankenstein and bought it for that very reason.

Lastly, a weird 'Vegetable Robot'...70's or 80's? Made in Taiwan.

large ARM.jpg

large ARM 3.jpg

large ARM 4.jpg

large ARM 5.jpg

large ARM 6.jpg

FRANKENSTEIN 2.jpg

FRANKENSTEIN.jpg

VEGATABLE ROBOT.jpg

That ARMS is really cool ranger, it looks exactly right in scaled construction of the tin arm version.

A veggy robot huh, that is just down right odd..... say's a man who has just bought a cyberpan

cheers

Chilli

No chilli

Yes, the ARM looks right so it's odd to think it's just been knocked out as an ornament but that's what it would appear to be. It's perfectly put together, a mystery so far as to its maker. Yes, the veggie robot, another for the weird section eh!

Cheers

You are using that damn kindle again me thinks!!!!!

Back on the ARM's, even the bolt that fastens the...ermm...arm's on is the right shape, kind of an oval bolt. Very odd attention to detail.

cheers

Chilli

You are using that damn kindle again me thinks!!!!!

Back on the ARM's, even the bolt that fastens the...ermm...arm's on is the right shape, kind of an oval bolt. Very odd attention to detail.

cheers

Chilli

Yes,chilli, I am using the kindle and 'no' was supposed to be 'Hi'.  Yes,why would they go to such lengths to get it looking pretty accurate remain a mystery.

The Arm ornament is made form the large wind up that was for sale a few years ago, they sold it as a non functional ornament. OLD Navey stores in the USA had them but they were all a red color ARM not this rustic silver gray version.I have the large wind up and ornament version in red in the Hut. Just got the power back on so could not post until now.

If you do a search for Large Atomic Robot Man you will find you can still buy versions of the 12 inch tall ARM. Here is one 

https://www.tintoyarcade.com/sparking-large-red-atomic-robot-2011.html?language=en&currency=USD&gclid=CNqO0oW5-MkCFQZsfgodBjMMmQ

They were also sold with a weird paint lytho goofy style, I have those as well. Do a google search for images.

Hi John

I used to have some of the 12" working ARM robots. I think Jay has them at a bargain price  of $25 at the moment. I  have never seen this non working ornament version before though. Well that explains why they are quite accurate and well put together then. Thanks for the info.

Hi ranger the ornament ARMs were here in the netherlands all over at the jack&jones denim stores as decoration some 5 or 6 years ago, exactly the same with the stupid coil, I got one from a friend who worked there back then, i think there is even a old post from me about it.

the vegetable robot I looooovvvve,

i got these 2, a cabbage and a corn

the corn is made in hongkong, the cabbage is TM modern toys made in japan!!! Same feet same key same freaky toys, got the cabbage from gernot some years ago and been looking ever since😄😄

i know there is a tomato and a cucumber also....weird!

check out also the bandai vegatable truck, with moving watermelon and pear or something...very ehhh cool?:)

image.jpg

Hi Martijn

Thanks for the info re the ARMS. Yes, those vegetable robots are bizarre for sure. I really like the 2 you have got there. Ha, so there is a truck with moving vegetables too eh.....how strange!

I have a non mechanical 12" ARM ornament in red. It has a loop of Velcro on the back so you can use it as a tree topper. I always thought it was from Restoration Hardware but I don't have a box so I may be wrong about that.

Archived