ACME Robot scratchbuild

Morbius

Morbius, I think the fact that you used real light bulbs made a big difference in the figure, it looks much more authentic when compared to the animation. I always liked this robot, really great job. I took this photo on the left at the last Botstock; I see you have made changes since then.

IMG_0904.thumb.JPG.96c109a41fc4c01f928c9blue1.thumb.jpg.f3bcf0967e8129442b599c27

Thanks Brady, just added the 'vents' to his body with a Sharpie.  His 'hardware' moves around from scene to scene to another in the cartoon.

This was just a quicky build that took a couple of hours.  Nothing on this is meant to be precise or evenly cut as it's supposed to be cartoon-like...this type of plastic is terrible to try to cut or sand.

Still need to make the M antennae and fix a crumble on his head.:biggrin:

Good work Morbius! Now you should make the robot cat and mouse from the Chuck Jones Tom and Jerry Cartoons. You can wrap a strip of paper around as a guide the body to help you make the line straighter on this guy. Making curved lines are tricky.I used to have to stamp parachute cans with a numbered ink roller. It drove me nuts!!!! Now I don't have to drive there,it's a short walk. HEHEHEHEHE

Archived