GORT

Morbius

Made this of DAS clay about 1976 using a Captain Action 12inch figure I found MIMB at a yard sale for $2. Built Klaatu too but he didn't survive one of my moves. Starlog Magazine and Famous Monsters were just about the only source of photos at the time.

gort1.jpg

gort2.jpg

Nice work Morbius, but I thought you built Robby with knowledge you learned from the Krell. One other thing,I can see your invisible man. I think I saw a figure base one time that said The INVISIBLE MAN. That's one of those jokes that takes a second or two to figure out and then you groan and laugh. I hear you about things getting broken in moving. My family flew U-HAUL many times. It seems no manner how well you wrap something sometimes it breaks.AARRGGG!! My first attempt at Gort I baked him on his back and he back burn and blistered. A friend thought I should keep it because it looked so weird,but I cracked the guy out and tried again.The second time I stood him upright using a metal coat hanger frame with a hole in his back.I filled in the hole after baking him.

Nice work Morbius, Years ago I saw a large action figure/doll of the Invisible Man. I heard somebody bought one,unwrapped the head and the makers went to the trouble sculpt and cast Claude Rains Picture   a small likeness of Claude Rains rather than just a head with no features. They went to a lot to make something most people that bought the figure would never see. What did you make his clothes and suitcase with? What is DAS clay?

• 2 weeks later...

DAS clay is something I've used for over 40 years, comes in a brick. Only needs air-drying to harden up and can be painted with any types of paints.  Easy to sculpt with.

das.jpg

Archived