R.K.O. like robot

Megastellar

Greetings ROBOTEERS,

Here's another of my little guys. I made him some years ago and reworked him. His main body is a plastic camera film container.The type used to put your roll of film in to be developed in the old days of the 1990's.The arms came with a little action figure that came from the Dollar store. The front of the robot is a riot shield that came with the little action figure too.I cut a slot out of the shield for a figure I had inside to see out.The legs were cut off a Robotech toy from a Dollar store too. The top of his head is a Ninja Turtle manhole cover. It fit great on the cap to the container. He reminds me of the old R.K.O. robot or the one called Dr. Satan's robot Gort. I have never seen the Dr.Satan Serial or movie and only bits an pieces of the R.K.O stuff.Now I want to put a red L.E.D. inside that will get bright and fade out and get bright again.Maybe I can use watch batteries to power the circuit.

rko robot face 2.jpg

rko robot left side.jpg

rko robot front1.jpg

'Film cannisters of the old days of the 1990s? '  :rolling:  In the '70s I collected cameras from the 1800s to present...I know the cannister you're talking about.  The '70s many cameras were utilizing long flat cartridges.

Wow!  Wondeful project, love it, beautiful work!

Archived