m.a.r.s. autotron

palo

Yes I like all the new plastic battery operated robots. You get so much Bang for your buck ! For $9 to $20 bucks you can get a robot that walks, makes sounds lights and does other cool things. Here is a color variation I just picked up at Big Lots, I bought the other two color versions a bout 2 years ago. A big bot with lots of action dirt cheep !

DSC01241.jpg

Exactly alot of bang for the buck.

i still like the vintage robots alot more but if you got room on the side these might be collectable in the future when thier all gone.:cheers:

Yes I've got some of these and they're quite nice.   My main gripe though with a lot of these modern plastic robots is they all look very similar.   They all look like a cross betwen Transformers and Power Rangers.

Yes I've got some of these and they're quite nice.   My main gripe though with a lot of these modern plastic robots is they all look very similar.   They all look like a cross betwen Transformers and Power Rangers.

I totally agree.

Well the kids they are marketing to these days dig Transformers and Power Rangers.

If they were to design more classic styles with the same lights and movements, the adult collector market (read: probably just me) would go crazy over them.

Well the kids they are marketing to these days dig Transformers and Power Rangers.

If they were to design more classic styles with the same lights and movements, the adult collector market (read: probably just me) would go crazy over them.

True but these type of toy robots have been virtually the same now for at least 20 years or so.  I've got a robot from the early 90s which wouldn't look out of place with any of the above.   I agree about the classic styles though.  I reckon if they did some new retro looking bots, Attacking Martians etc in plastic they'd sell to kids and adults alike. 

Archived