My custom Gort

Megastellar

Hey Guys,

Here's a couple of pictures of my custom made Gort. I used a G.I. Type figure from the Thrift store.I then cut of the ends of his fingers,nose and ears OUCH,OUCH,OUCH!!! Man,am I'm mean or what? I then used Super Sculpey to make him into Gort. The left leg didn't come out right so I broke off the sculpey with a hammer and used Durham's rock hard water putty to repair the leg. I had to filled some places with Super Glue and do some sanding here and there. I sprayed him Krylon aluminium paint.Hope you like him. He's about a foot tall.gort_my_model_2.thumb.jpg.801513f945200a

gort my model 1.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. Here are some more picture of Gort. The guy in the background is my Pastor's brother-in-law.That Guy can play! The Pastor play guitar too. The Pastor's brother plays the drum,The Church be Jammin'!

Gort left side.JPG

gort face front.JPG

Are you a sculptor by trade? I keep looking at this and imagining what a lumpy, mis-shapen, out of proportion, caricature of Gort that I would have made. I can perform machining operations to tolerances most people would consider impossible, but this sort of skilled freehand art work escapes (and baffles) me. Well done, again!

Hi RJn,

no,I'm not a pro.I just have a God given talent for it.I'm bragging on God,not me. I didn't know I could sculpt until my later 20's,I'm 51 now. One of my older brothers want some clay to try and sculpt with. I got him some at the $ store and he let it set around. I microwaved it in a bowl and mixed it into one color and started sculpting stuff with the tip of a fingernail clipper handle. I wish I had used sculpey then because I make stuff,squish it up and make something else.I found out you can even baked Sculpey on some plastic action figures. I made an animated version Bilbo Baggins out of a little toy caveman guy,long pipe and all.I sold him to a guy at a flea market.  It feels like I'm selling one of my kids. I don't have any kids,but if the price was right....well. It's funny,I feel like a copy machine. I can look at something and copy it,but it's hard to get my hands to do my own ideas. They look like a little kid did them.

Your talent is machining. I can't do that. Never be afraid to try something new. Noah's ark was made by amateurs,the Titanic was made by professionals.

Beautifully done!! Really love it, made one myself about 40 years ago using the same technique, I think I used a Captain Action if found MIB in '75 for $2. Of course I threw away the box!  Used his Flash Gordon boots for my Boba Fett.

Beautiful piece you've created, proportions are great

!

Archived