Altairas updated collection

Altaira

After 8 years of use and rarely updating or posting, I've been debating posting a new thread with updated pictures all in one place. So while I've remembered to do it (It only took 5 years of "I'll do it later!"), here it is! Most of the ones shown are mine, aside from a couple that just so happened to make it into the shot such as the moon robot, and rubber handed planets in front of the mechanized group (Thats morbius) and a few of my horikawa's that didn't make it in before my phone died.

collection1.thumb.jpg.9a9cee1ff705132acf

collection2.thumb.jpg.9b6d53757e5bd1e076

collection3.thumb.jpg.d3293a67ff188302a8

collection4.thumb.jpg.ef0051a0c1be031b94

megos1.thumb.jpg.f1b3e1a949a300c9d769edb

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Altaira

• Roboto

• Morbius

• Ultrarobotman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is an amazing collection, I love the row with the Meaga's on . I have never seen them all together before. I bet your house sits lower than others on your street with all that much metal in it!

I makes my collection look tiny.

I will have to sell Atomic Robot Girl more robots now as she will be stunned by your collection.

It is a bit more difficult for A.R.G. and myself though, because we are both in England and the main robot market is in the States.

A lot of European collectors have given up buying from the States as ebays shipping system immediately hits us with a extra 20% tax on not only the purchase price but the shipping as well!!!

Really cool to see your style though Altairia

cheers

Chilli

Very nice! That's quite the grouping of Robbys there...wow! Not to mention that Mego brigade of yours. What is truly amazing is that this does not even include your horses! :ohmy:

I will have to sell Atomic Robot Girl more robots now as she will be stunned by your collection.

Haha! Yes please Chilli but now the only problem is - LOL - I will be expecting mates rates  
Yes @Altaira you sure do have an amazing collection, I would love to see it in the tin/flesh. I do not know anybody personally who owns a robot...... I think it would be very beneficial for me to be able to examine closely such a fine collection. I can tell antique furniture from even old repro but as mostly these toys are for sale online, it makes it a lot harder to learn how to tell. 

Wow, your collection sure has grown!  A nice mix of vintage and newer robots as well as space vehicles. I like your using the Robert the Robot tractor robot on the Pioneer Road Roller. Great collection of mini robots. They are really cool and don't take up much space!

• 2 weeks later...

The pink "Kelly Robot" is a wonderful robot custom made for me, joint effort of John Rigg (to my right in photo) of the ROBOTHUT, from an idea from RobotHunter (to my left) as seen in this pic at Botstock a couple of years ago where I brought it for display at Joe's Robot Museum.  The chest lights up my name.  Amazing piece!

pink kelly robot.jpg

Pink Kelly Robot Pat John Kelly.jpg