RB-B3 Robby Droid

robothut

Based on the image posted in the off topic tread.

Artwork done by www.jeffcarlisle.com I built this head turning with glowing LED Robby Droid. Maybe Mechanized R2 would be a better name for it. A short You tube video will show the action. 

DSC01213.jpg

DSC01214.jpg

DSC01215.jpg

DSC01216.jpg

Here is a you tube link.

https://youtu.be/6mu4EOIkvD4

A bobble head robby for the head and chest box and I had a junker Starwars C3PO / R2 bank, I think I paid 25 cents for it at a yard sale as it was junk, but it was my kind of junk and it gave me the right scale R2 body and a gear motor to use as the head turning device. The only thing I did not do that I should have was swap the robby ear scanners around to match the artwork. I still could cut off the head, swap the ear scanners then glue the head back on. But that seems like alot of work. The bits I made from styrene plastic scraps.

Here is a online image of what the star wars bank would look like if mint. and the Robby bobble head.

901_c3po.jpg

FU2024lg.jpg

RB-B3.thumb.jpg.0a2e2138d800ab69ecbd4b4d02533e2a.jpg

John, it's really cool! Now, if you could put the batteries inside, it would be quite marketable, but of course the motor probably wouldn't fit then, would it? Maybe a remote control box for the batteries wired to the figure would work?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived