ID These Dan Dare Figures?

Brian..

Can anyone help identify these three large (6") Dan Dare figures. Each one is beautifully cast in metal. The artist has captured the look and feel of these comic book characters perfectly. The figures are Dan Dare Bare Headed, Dan Dare in Space Helmet and Digby.

I have no idea of age though the owner claims they came from a relative who had them for many years. The quality leads me to believe they are professional products but they carry no marks. They do have the Eagle roundel logo in the form of a medal inset in the base. Quite simply stunning figures.dan_dare_figs.thumb.jpg.7ed9e183fb9d3179

I've never seen anything like them, they're wonderful!  Looking at various Dan Dare artwork it looks like their guns are missing the shower head-like tip...but the gun still looks cool.  I also found someone has made a 6th scale Dan Dare figure, do you have any knowledge on that?

I don't think they're masters, Fin. They look like the finished product.

Bill, that 1/6 scale Dan Dare is a vinyl action figure. It has become one of those pieces that you kick yourself for not buying at the time. It was produced in 2010 by Day2DayTrading (they made the 1/6 Buck Rogers figure). This was the first of a proposed run of several Dan Dare characters.

At $150 it was an expensive figure, and its British subject made it less commercial than Buck Rogers or Flash Gordon. So when the company folded it suddenly became a hot property. My brother located one recently and, though it breaks all my rules about vintage collectables, I just couldn't resist.

dd.thumb.jpg.534f76b8c94807ea8d2082c3da2

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Thanks for the information on the figure Brian, it's a great piece.  I recently found the beauty in Hot Toys 6th scale figures and have six in my collection already, the Iron Man Mk 43 ran about $350 and I have a $850 Iron Man Hulkbuster on order...yikes!  It can't always be about vintage toys.

Really sweet finds Brian!  The metal Dan Dare figures have great detailing:)

The 6th scale figures made by Hot Toys/Sideshow Collectibles and Executive Replicas, etc. sure are amazing as well!

Enjoy:thumbs:

Congratulations!