My 1960's time machine

Megastellar

Hey Alphadromer's

Here's a some pictures of my scratch built time machine.Hope you like them. I made it mainly from wooden bit and bobs from Hobby Lobby.The seat cushions are Super Sculpey I cup a little wooden park beach in half and rebuilt it for the chair.The control lever is a super nozzle and the is knob is a plastic ear ring.The railing was made from aquarium air tubing with coat hanger wire inside.The feet are and part of the railing are plastic stick-on cup hooks from Wal-mart,8 in a pack.Coat hanger runs through the dish support. The lights on the dash (thread spool) are beads and screws. The engine was made from two little wooden flower pots a kid's wooden block and the lids from the toy bubbles in vending machines for the ends.

DSC0002.JPG

DSC0006.JPG

I cut a little park bench in half for the chair. The control lever is a super glue tube nozzle and plastic ear ring.

• 2 months later...

I quite like it, wonderful! 

I gathered parts to build one much like you did but I never carried it out.  

Nice spacey folk-art, it's a very interesting piece, thanks for sharing it!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for more nice feedback. I was thinking about using a bendy figure I have to put in the seat,but the guy looks more like Dr.Smith than Rod Taylor.

I kinda like it without a figure. It doesn't show the mistakes in scale as bad. If I could make one of red velvet lined boxes to display it in I would. I did have it on a wooden Chess board one time. It looked like the floor of the time traveler's lab.

Archived