Lilliput: Spit, rust and carpaint. Lilliput rearmed

chilli

I thought I would like to make some replica arms for my lilliput , he looked too much a war veteran missing his lower arms, so with a bit of spit, rust and carpaint I built the new lower arms. Thanks to Dirk for supplying a close up of his Lilliput so I could see how the lower arms fitted

See what you think. Not perfect but okish.

robots_part_2_75320.thumb.jpg.fde12188b1robots_part_2_76092.thumb.jpg.7280ac4fedrobots_part_2_76080.thumb.jpg.915e6139cdrobots_part_2_76081.thumb.jpg.bed90e1180robots_part_2_76087.thumb.jpg.a8b831d5c3robots_part_2_76088.thumb.jpg.a8878bff31robots_part_2_76089.thumb.jpg.8002008ea3

cheers

Chilli

Great Job Chilli! I know, there are a few Lilliputs without the lower arms out there.

I would not refuse to add a selfmade arm to complete These rare toys. Looks really great!

thanks all,

I really like the look now.

The arms and hands were from a repro but  the repro is built with the arms about a third too wide, so they were opened up and and trimmed down. The hands should be a bit more spooky and longer thinner fingers , I used the repro hands and filed the groove a bit deeper, then they were dropped into my rusting solution for a couple of weeks.

I did not spend much time today putting it all together and I think I can improve.  I did actually give my sink a complete respray in an unwanted orange carpaint because I am a daft prat!!!!.

cheers Chilli

Oh, the bars though the hands are different to the repro which are just a round rod which has a domed head and flattened end. On the original it is a flat cross piece. That was one of the trickier bits to copy.

Cheers Chilli

Many thanks,

yes Andyman, easy to replace.

Thanks Nasa.

My missus did not see the talent, she just saw the mess I had made in the sink with the paint aerosols !!!!!!!!

cheers

Chilli

• Brian.. changed the title to Lilliput: Spit, rust and carpaint. Lilliput rearmed

Archived