What's with all the bad pics on e-bay?

Morbius

You'd think that when selling stuff on e-bay the seller would post decent pics of the items.  I find this becoming more common, lousy pictures accompanying even worse descriptions.  Photography seems to be going backwards, *Altaira has an i-phone that takes incredible pictures, don't know what the excuse is for these people.  I use a real camera, either our 8MP or Kelly's 18MP SLR which take a helluva lot better photo than this guy.  Must be using a Diana camera from 1965.

saucer.JPG

My wife uses a digital camera and never changes any settings which is frustrating to me.  I change settings on my camera to optimize the photo and even redo photos or color correct or lighten them before putting them on alphadrome. It's a simple matter to use macro when shooting closeups. As to I-phones that everybody uses it is hard to believe. I have friends that don't even use digital cameras or computer. Perhaps they're better off.

Never take words from a hypocrite and that would be me.- the obvious would naturally be they are trying to hide defects in the item and that is one thing I would certainly never do, the hypocrite thing is that it has been years now that I have been using my wifes camera for pics on Alphadrome as well as Ebay and I have posted a few less than perfect photos on both. I have painstakingly re-photoed things over and over to get clearer shots and sometimes they were never up to par, And my only point is that some people may not even care what the photos look like even when the very pics they are showing determine what price they will fetch-and that brings me to my point of "using whats available" as in the case of my wife's crappy walmart camera. Unlike you and Altaira, I don't have a clue as to the m'pix's on our crappy camera and I have promised myself over and over to get a new camera but I never have yet! Personally, I tend to not even bid on items that have any photos that are unclear. Absolute truth be told I have past thought of contacting you for a general idea of a lower cost but decent camera when I do buy one after seeing all of your high-quality photos posted here and also remembering your impressive-looking camera at Joe's at Botstock `10. Bottom line- I would be reluctant to bid on any item that was not perfectly clear! --And I will eventually get myself a new better camera!

Thanks Ultra!  Still learning about the DSLR (Kelly's) camera.  18MP is equivalent to an old SLR film camera.  My old pics under Private Collections were taken with an old Canon FTB film camera.  More recent ones with a Panasonic Lumix 8MP and lastly Kelly's 18MP DSLR.  

The Lumix is a great little pocket camera (pic during Botstock XII during dinner) with many adjustments. Not perfect but really nice pics.  18MP means you can crop and 'blow up' any part of the pic to extreme lengths and still retain great clarity and detail, that's when the MPs become important.  

Hope this helps some.  Still learning here.  If you want to get extreme with photography Dr. A. is way up there on knowledge.:lecture:

Archived