The Mondo Iron Giant Bolt Has Arrived!

Tinplate6

Today, my Iron Giant Bolt from Mondo arrived.  :biggrin: It comes in a decent brown box with black graphics, and is packed in a vacuum-sealed clamshell. The piece measures approx. 6 inches long. The instruction sheet tells you to unscrew the top of the bold to insert two button cell batteries (included). However, here's where the design fails...as soon as you screw the cap back on, the lights begin to flash, which is admittedly cool, but there is no off switch! Seriously?! :frustrate: Yeah, you have to remove the batteries to turn the darn thing off. Then, to add insult to injury...it doesn't even beep!!  :pfft:Ok, yeah, the price was reasonable, but I'd have gladly paid the additional $20 for a sound chip. :blush:

Now, I just need a few more pieces to build my own giant!

IMG_8906.jpg

IMG_8905.jpg

IMG_8907.jpg

IMG_8908.jpg

IMG_8909.jpg

Wow, I had no idea this was being shipped...I ordered mine through Sideshow Collectibles.  I've been looking forward to getting this, thanks for softening the blow by telling me about it's shortfalls.  The price was reasonable but it sounds like a bit of a letdown; perhaps Mondo should have stayed out of the toy business.  I did cancel my order for Mondo's Iron Giant, maybe it was a wise move; I figured I should probably invest the same amount for the Ultimate Iron Giant toy before spending as much on an art piece.

Button?! There ain't no stinkin' button! :ohmy:

Absolutely no mention of this in the instructions! :diggin:

What, the...?!

Well, I'll be! :oops:

Folks, I stand corrected, the second light on the bolt is an on/off switch. :blush:

Thanks Roboto for keeping me honest! Still doesn't beep though!

Archived