F.D. Robot (Fireman) Repro

Brian..

I don't recall seeing this before: it's the Fire Department Robot by HaHa.  Another one bites the dust, as Henk used to say.

Note: repro has a removable key that fits into the right side of the robot. Originals have a fixed key fitted on the robot's left side. Easy to tell, if you know.

BIN on Ebay UK

fd.thumb.jpg.cb2058692c20e2eb292bd38f441

Hi Brian

The litho on the rear of the repro is nothing like the original, in fact there is  not a lot on it at all. Re the key being on the right, that's assuming the lower half of the body is fitted the correct way around? I imagine it could easily be swopped from right to left, well apart from the matter of the small rear wheel would then be at the front!  Always looks to me like the the wider part of the foot should be at the front.

Hi Brian

The back is completely different to the original. I contacted the seller, he said they are a new line and if they sell well he will be getting more in stock.

I just received the repro fireman robot. It's made from thick,sturdy tinplate,it has a strong motor and runs smoothly with just a couple of turns of the key. The lithography is good and the toy is bigger than I expected, a good lump of tin with the hose being the only plastic piece on it. It has no markings on it at all, not even made in China! I am quite impressed with it. I can't help but think how much nicer this toy would have been had it got the robot face as shown on the box!

• 4 months later...

Archived