Red Oval: Deko Trends Fake Robots from the Netherlands

thx1138

Anyone seen this box before. Can not seem to find it in this variation.

http://link.marktplaats.nl/432145916

The seller has also got other strange robots.

Or is it just me, simple soul who can not find these items?

The others:

http://link.marktplaats.nl/432022655

http://link.marktplaats.nl/432021912

It looks like repro's made old and rusty :)

Little help would be appriciated!

Indeed! They are the usual chinese repros, aged and completed with a new vintage looking box.

All was done by dutch company called Deko Trends in 2007.

It´s a wholesaler, who sold them to other dealers as "cool looking collectors items".

From time to time you can see those aged tin toys on Ebay too.

They all seem to have the same designers fingerprints. I must admit, i havnt come across the company or its fake products before, but i would have recognised them as fakes wearing your glasses. There are so many bad fakes about. The only good fakes ive seen, so far, are some Zoomer/Radar types, especially red faced types from Fizzycat in Tailand. Theyr so cheap, and fresh looking, alarm bells ring, but give it 10 years..... oh! and a cup of tea or coffee thrown over it.

WELCOME aboard - THX1138!

These FAKEBOTS appear everytime now and then ... I don't like all the repro stuff - but I really HATE these FAKED things, because many people / new collectors are getting extremely confused by that. Some weeks ago a new - very interrested collector visited my collection. Then he showed a rusted, repainted and glued junker to me and said: " Well all your robots are looking so NEW ... are they really old??" He believed, that collecting "old" robots from the 50s & 60s means, that they should have all these rust, dings and missing parts...

I guess many of these FAKEBOTS came from here. FAKED REPLIKAS - sold as DEKO TRENDS... dry.gif

post-11-0-11068200-1300274455.jpg

post-11-0-61613300-1300274465.jpg

post-11-0-47163400-1300274474.jpg

Thanks Dirk,

(been a while onboard and loving it :))

Those are the boxes!!!

The seller doesn't say that they are the real thing, but he states that they are old, .... :)

Grrrrr

hi ive, yes all goodies come from holland <_< something to be proud of :huh:

these fake age robots even made it in a french robotcollectors book inbetween the real classics as real :o :o

The only robot they have that is valuable would the Zothra robot. I wonder how many of those they bought and aged! Now that they are rare I wonder if they could be cleaned back up again?

Is true the Zathura Robot looks pretty Good even the Box looks OK

I would not try to clean it up, it does look Fine like that,,

Hi, Im glad were all seeing these as Fakes! Thereare so many, as you say from Holland, and also Thailand. Here in the UK idiots get Shanghai HaHa Planets, duff them upwith sandpaper and throw them down the stairs, and put them on eBay as genuine originals. The fact that they are stamped <HH> doesnt seem to faze them ! The Smoking Robot is infuriating... I see them being offered as originals all the time. Plainly they are HaHa repros. I was offered direct from the HaHa Factory these in mixed lots 40 for £40 ($60) plus postage. To have the nerve to "age" them and sell them as originals, and then deny all knowledge of their history, i'd put the sellers in the Chair. I sold mine on eBay at £5 upwards, which was a good profit, LISTED AS REPROS. Believe you me, i can tell a repro at 50 feet. In eBay Groups ; ROBOTEERS, we used to post alerts of these fakes regularly. It got a bit boring though. Yeah, inexperienced collectors get ripped-off and fooled by these. Some repros are useful, for providing the odd missing bit for a genuine, although i feel guilty using a repro part. But who feels guilty using Heintz's visor? Same but different.

A woman in France just emailed me for information about the wonderful Atomic Robot Man she just picked up at a flea market. She included photos... And when I saw them, of course, it turned out to be one of these fakes. I sent her a long email pointing out the differences. Hopefully she didn't spend much money on it...

• 4 years later...
Hello Everyone, I need a little help.I would like to know if this tin toy robot(see attached pictures) is original. This robot seems to be old.I’m confused because also exist a lot of repro robots on the net, but this and his box seems to be old. Is difficult to establish if is an old original, an old repro or something else more recent.Can anyone help me with information? Thank you in advance!!!

f.JPG

kghh.JPG

Hello Stefan, welcome to the board. I believe you're from Romania, is that correct?

Sorry to tell you that this is a fake. It's about 10 years old, not 66.

Any robot in a box that carries that little white number in a red oval is a fake.

hello Brian,

yes,i m from Romania,but now i m living in Germany,thanks for your answer,super now i know weere to ask before i will buy something!i was looking in internet,and i didn t find any pictures ,nothing!so i decide to ask you guys!

Thanks,Blechroboter!!(Dankeschön)

!)

I  follow this forum already since two months,i want to post comments and also my small collection,but my English is not thr besr, :( ...