Electric Robot and Son

Googie

Hi Guys:

Need some help.  My son and I just picked up an Electric Robot by Marx/ Silver and maroon for 10.00 dollars at a flea market.  I believe he is suppose have the son (missing)/also chest draw missing.   I need to get in his head for repairs.  Is there any easy way ?   Any photos ?  Plus, what does the dial beneath the morse code on the head suppose to do.  When I look in the head it does not appear to part of a mechanism although there is a loose piece of metal in the head.  (Missing eyes as well)

Two;  He is missing the swing arm from the wheel base to the head, which I believe is needed to turn the head.  Does anybody have a close up of it's shape and configuration ?

Three: Any place I can get the draw ?  I know Randy is selling the son, but the wrong color.  Would like the draw however.

Four:  Are the eyes suppose to be white?  One red wire to each eye correct ?   Possible the loose metal is for the eyes to sit in ?????????

Thanks as always.

Chris

PS:

I did pick up the photo from this site that SHOWS THE INSIDE OF THE BODY, but the "swing arm"  (not sure of term), is not seen well.  And not the inside of the head.

marx_er_int.thumb.jpg.34453cbb4115677f71

The eyes should be white, with no pupils.

The head is glued together. Getting inside without doing damage to the two halves will be nearly impossible. Any repairs will need to be made through the neck opening. It's been awhile since I've had one apart, but if I remember correctly, that loose piece of metal inside the head is the part that the very bottom of the eye bulbs press against.

The head knob raises and lowers the antenna, but it sounds like your antenna may be missing.

Here's Robothut's informative youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFqfqYbzt4E&feature=youtu.be

The head can be opened up with a .010 or thinner jewelers saw & then reglued, but it is not a task for the unskilled or faint of heart. I think I spent about 4hrs working under a microscope on the last one I did. Anybody can saw one open, but doing it while leaving no trace of the repair is not an easy task. If you do attempt this, I would look for a junker to practice on, or find a replacement head- you might save yourself a nervous breakdown.

Archived