Chief Pug, Magnaviosion, flying servo bot rev. 3

robothut

Ozzy had a idea of cutting up a chief robot man and Pug robot to make two new bots and sent me his blue prints.

DSC00984.jpg

Here is a video of how they ended up. all so at the end of the video the flying servo bot makes a show as rev. 3 Now the power supply for the robot has been changed to just 4 AA batterys for all 6 servos , LED's and the controller. Also the front lifting arm has be re programed to hang down instead of up "more manly that way". The chest plate is now painted silver. 

https://youtu.be/mu0SPViNncY

DSC00990.jpg

As for the build, the Magnavision was the hard one since the legs and motor gear box of the PUG is about 6 inches long had to fit in side the chief robot top part that was about 2.5 inches tall. So major changes had to happen to the pug leg gear / motor unit. Also the chief robot head had to be motorized so the antennas would spin and the eyes wouls light. The Magnavision screen is back lit with red and green LED's with a rotating reflector effect. its very hard to get video of the effect.

DSC00992a.jpg

DSC00995a.jpg

DSC00990.jpg

Chief Pug required that the pug head still have working lit pistons and the rotating antenna. I added a switch so that the pug head effects would happen during the bump and go sequence stop times. I also added two random flashing lights to the chest box. The cheif will get some body work and a new paint job in the next few days.

DSC00982.jpg

Love your choice of paint on the robot. It makes him look kind of Gothic and imposing. All we need is fire coming out of the vents.:diablo:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived