Robby Water Bottle

robothunter

Imagine my surprise and joy to find a package when I got home today from Joe K. that held this magic little gem along with a note telling me that Joe had found another he had stashed and sent me this as a gift!!! A toy water bottle with Robby The Robot chasing a space kid!!! WOW!!!

Joe, I don't know what to say except. "Thanks You So Much!!" And you thought my wife had a crush on you before!! Now she KNOWS you're one of the nicest people we've met in the hobby!

post-2-1098924035.jpg

Now that I've taken a good look at the illustration I realize that's not a large round space helmet I saw but the outline of a cowboy hat. Robby the Robot chasing a cowboy on the header card for a Doll Hot Water Bottle. Man, what was this guy smoking!!!And I clearly need to wear my glasses more! LOL!!

You're more than welcome, Pat.

When the two of you visited the Museum last year, you really locked onto the example I had on display with my meager Robby group. I told you then, that I had another one "somewhere". Well, I'm in the process of making little label cards for the entire collection, and have begun unpacking all the boxes to extract the info from them.

This Hot Water Bottle turned up at the bottom of one of the boxes!

Glad to know it arrived safe & sound. Enjoy, my friend!!

While I agree that Joe is a great guy and that header

card is wonderful, but A HOT WATER BOTTLE ! When

I was a kid, I always wished for a hot water bottle, but

sadly never got one. :(

That header card is obviously a generic card that

was attached to many different toys. I love the

descriptions on the card, "Full of Action", "Loaded with Fun".

Pat, you will certainly have to have them all...

post-2-1098982856.jpg

These "Quality" products have gotten a bum rap for a long time, in my opinion... Let's not forget that, aside from marketing toy water bottles, they also made significant contributions to our technology and way of life!

post-2-1098983002.jpg

• Brian.. changed the title to Robby Water Bottle

Archived