New toy

Ultrarobotman

Been wanting a Jeep for some time and found one at a decent price in great shape so I bought it. .Been in them, sister had one, always wanted one. Had her off road with the family a few times now and all is very cool .Runs like a champ and is a 1997 wrangler sahara. Bought this as just a toy and we are all having TONS of fun with her.The entire frame has been replaced as well as floor panels. Came with soft top also. A really fun, fun time to take this off-road as we have endless miles to go here. I have driven and had 4x4's since I could drive but this one is the best. Driving her down the road gets waves from all other Jeeps I guess that is what they say is "its a Jeep thing". very cool. Goes anywhere.001.thumb.JPG.18a3078a4139ea0e10b2e839e3

Welcome to the club. Been a Jeep guy all my life. My first was a 1973 J-4000 Camper Special with an AMC 360. The 4000 stood for the payload. 4000 lbs. My wife drives a Cherokee,,,,same one for 15 yrs. My son and I have 3 Comanche's . I have a mint 92 . One of the last to come off of the the line. A 91 Comanche with 280,000 miles on it. Still original clutch . We retired it to the farm. My Son has a 89 Comance with a 300 hp 4.0 Stroker. A CJ-2a, CJ-5 and I thing we are going this weekend to look at a Renegade to replace the Cherokee. The 4.0 you have will last 500,000 miles. The transfer case and tranny are rock solid.  Been to tower city yet ?  Lots of photo's,,but I can't upload photo's on  here anymore.

Wow, you have a lot of Jeeps! I did not know you were into Jeeps as well as everything else. And thanks for the reply. I do not think I will ever have the resources to own a fraction of your Jeeps but I do know one thing after two weeks of ownership- I'll always have one too. And a motorcycle. And robots! No guarantees on anything else. Fell in love with this right away and had to put the poker face on for the 20 yr old kid I was buying it from. He learned to drive on it and had it for 4 yrs. Anyway, those are very reassuring words on the tranny and transfer case lasting a long time.I have checked all fluids after purchase- diff's, transfer case, hydr. clutch is sealed, and I have yet to check and change trans. fluid, as you know I have to drop the skid plate to do this but it should come off easy as of the frame being newly replaced. As for Tower City, no . Did you mean Ohio or here in Pa? The Tower City in Pa is 47 mi. from my house but I am not into super radical off-roading, I like slow crawling. Too bad you cannot post any pictures.

Tower city PA offers all grades of off roading,,Everything from a Sunday drive to rock crawling and deep Mud. A lot of good people up there. Did your Jeep come with at least a limited slip rear Dif ?  If not I would recommend it. Not sure if you are sporting a Dana 35 or a Dana 44.  We are going to be at the Farm over Memorial day. We have a few miles of our own Jeep trails on 100 acres of old growth timber. It's in Wysox PA. Be sure to join Jeeps unlimited forum. Good stuff on there. Just don't do what I did. I made the statement that all Jeep liberty's should come in one color,,,"Pink". Banned for six weeks. You are welcome to the farm anytime. The Comanche built the cabin on top of the mountain.  Always carry a High Lift Jack, 2 ton Come along and duct tape.

IMG_0232.jpg

mycomanche.jpg

1992Comanche.jpg

post-545-1199817755.jpg

Archived