Rotate-O-Matic Astronaut Help

Johndk

Hello, I'm new here, and the proud owner of my childhoods robot, the rotate o matic astronaut.

Mine is in very good and clean condition and everything works, as you can see on the photo, only thing is he can't walk,
I'm getting another that can walk, but he's missing the arms, also my head is better.
So I want to switch arms and head from my robot to the other, anyone can help with tips/instructions to do so,
help very appreciated...

regards

John 

IMG_0783.JPG

Johndk, 

The gear in the photo may be the problem or it may be another plastic gear, I may have the parts you need ( others on this site might be willing to help also ) so that could have two working robots, I need to check my spare parts, but unfortunately I am not at home this weekend, PM me on Monday 

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that you have a vintage turntable, what type is it ?

I have a Pioneer PL-L1000 linear tracking  turntable from 1980 I am the original owner and it works great

Yes, its a PL-55dx, nice midrange (I think) table, also I have a Lenco L75, so I'm covered in the vinyl department... Right now my  receiver, Pioneer SX1080, is being serviced, it will be a treat to get it back to full working order

Sent you a message yesterday, did you ser it (messsage system seems a bit confusing to me)

regards

john

Johndk, 

I sent you a very long and detailed PM on how to take apart your robot and somehow it vanished and is not recoverable, if you believe that you have the time, skills and patience I will send you those instructions again using this website or I could mail you those same instructions using the postal system OR you could send me your robots and I will repair them, you would have to pay for postage both ways and no other charges ( one time deal for a guy who still has his robot after 50+ years )

Racerxc70

thanks for your reply, I think I'll maybe give it a shot...

you can use: schaefersats@gmail.com

thats annoying with the missing message, hope it's not too much trouble, I will get back to you on your generous offer

regards

john

Exellent, 

YOU CAN DO THIS, you will have to buy a "junker" robot for the spare parts," remember plastic red boots, plastic arms, metal boots,  metal arms", my guess is that the plastic"walking" gear on you first robot is broken, OR you can ask for parts in the SPARE PARTS section.

Before buy the junker or ask about parts you will have to take apart you first robot it has the larger problem, replacement of the arms on the other robot is very simple. 

I will email you those instructions by tomorrow your time.

Johndk

Another option is to leave your childhood robot as it is, it looks to be in great shape and repairing it MIGHT cause more damage So he can't walk...so what ! 

Archived