Confirming Ttt Registration

Nikola Tesla

Once more I've written to Tin Tom Toys, pleasantly requesting that they confirm my Thunder registration. As I've said before, I don't mind losing on all these TTT giveaways, but I would be quite miffed to find out that I was never in the competition because my registration card was lost in the international mail last year.

Anyhoo, TTT responds thusly:

> I am sorry I cannot check for you right away, but I promise you we will

> all look for your card as soon as Contest is over when all 3 lucky winners

> have confirmed.

> As soon as contest is official over, we will count all the cards we receive, and

> we will look for your card and I will let you know as soon as we find it.

Well, that's the most proactive thing they've said so far---I should be thankful.

;)

Whew! Nikola that is almost funny! Hopefully, if you keep contacting them they will get tired of you and actually look for your reg. The irritant factor can work wonders! I would request that a photocopy of your registration form be emailed to you for your records and for any future needs. That would also validate that it is there more than just a "yes, we received it" response.

Well, that's the most proactive thing they've said so far---I should be thankful.

Yes you should be! :D

In all contests of this nature, this always applies, "Proof of postage does not constitute proof of receipt.", etc. They are under no obligation to check for you much less even reply to your request.

The fact that as you say, they have replied to you on all 3 occasions is an exemplary record!

Now you've got me sleepless wondering if my registration card was ever received too! Maybe I should also ask them to check, imagine all 600 Thunder robot owners doing that!! And all of us also asking for "photocopy validation" to be emailed back to us! Yes! Let's all swamp TTT with our requests! If we all do that, let's just hope that they can find enough time to still make robots!

C'mon guys, give em a break already.

They are under no obligation to check for you much less even reply to your request---If we all do that, let's just hope that they can find enough time to still make robots!---C'mon guys, give em a break already.

Well, sure---but, then, what was the purpose of stamping serial numbers on Thunder, or of printing up the registration cards, or of asking us to submit them in the first place? Was it all merely a cosmetic ploy to present the facade of "authenticity"? As far as their obligation to us goes, a great many of us paid the price for TTT's Thunder based on the "authenticity" of the production---They offered and we EXPECTED a verifiable registration process. I expected it, anyway, in the same way I would expect to verify the registration on my computer hardware, or the registration on any of my other "registered" possessions.

I certainly hope the TTT registration process was not merely for show, with no actual verification procedure in place to back it up. For TTT's part, it wouldn't require individual photocopy responses to each request---why not just publish on their website a list of REGISTERED Thunder NUMBERS, sans any other private owner information? I mean, if this information isn't recorded SOMEWHERE, then it negates the usefulness of registration. Surely TTT could make as much use of such a database as I could.

;)

Archived