Machine Robot

Mechanic robot

Hi guys,

I have a Machine Robot I just bought. The seller tried to super glue one of the small plastic gears that split and ended up superglueing the shaft that spins to make the gears spin. Any way to remedy this ?

Thank you

When this happened to me once, (O.K., maybe twice) I ended up having to replace the entire motor with a new one. That super glue is pretty good stuff, except when it goes where it's not wanted!

When doing this kind of repair, always make sure the motor shaft is facing down so that any excess glue runs towards the gear and NOT into the bushing or beyond.

Could this be the problem part, the drive shaft glued to the panel behind?

I think the robot will have to be dismantled so that the shaft can isolated from the internal workings so it can be forced round with grips to break the bond with the panel, Not tried that sort of thing myself but I feel it might work. Of course a new gear will be required, perhaps there is a repro gear made. :scratchhead:

post-214-0-04758500-1429096114_thumb.jpg

I have done this myself a few times...super gluing the gear to the shaft and I always do it with the motor facing down. Considering how runny the stuff is, that it can run down the shaft into the motor. That was the first thing that crossed my mind when I decided to do that...what happens if... I learned that from when I super glue models together and then I hold a part upright and it runs down my fingers. Nothing worse than super gluing your thumb and forefinger together, or to the part you're gluing.

You can try a small amount of fingernail polish remover. It has acetone in it and that can desolve super glue. Try Cutex.

It has a blue color.

Dirk, Metal Motor Head got it. That's it.

Thanks Mike. I'll try the polish remover. I'll let you know how it works.

You can also buy super glue debonder (pace Z-7 debonder) at hobby shops, craft stores and on line.

Archived