Space Conqueror Wiring: Need Help

bartzenegger

hi,

robot is cragstan spaceman or space conqueror

im trying to figure out how wires get from battery contacts. here are pics . im not sure where lower wires go from lower contacts....

post-2-1098547177.jpg

multi meter does show power in all contacts. i dont see any wire going from bottom contacts to ..... thats what i dont know is where wire is to go.

thanks everyone

The 2 top contacts go into the toy, Positive and negative. The negative may be tied to ground.

The 2 bottom wires should go to each other.

I see a red wire going through a spring inside the toy and the white goes in at another location.

These are your feeds to the motor. The on/off switch is also somewhere in there.

The motor could be frozen and needs a little help starting.

The 2 bottom contacts don't have to go inside the toy. They just allow

3 volts to get to the motor. The batteries are in series.

Try measuring across the 2 bottom contacts. You shoud have a short. Same potential.

The 2 top contacts go into the toy, Positive and negative. The negative may be tied to ground.

The 2 bottom wires should go to each other.

I see a red wire going through a spring inside the toy and the white goes in at another location.

These are your feeds to the motor. The on/off switch is also somewhere in there.

The motor could be frozen and needs a little help starting.

The 2 bottom contacts don't have to go inside the toy. They just allow

3 volts to get to the motor. The batteries are in series.

Try measuring across the 2 bottom contacts. You shoud have a short. Same potential.

thanks , the white wire goes to the on and off.

the bottom contacts have no wire running to anything other than each other do i need to add a wire? and if so ...... does new wire go from lower battery contacts to the switch? or does it go to what to switch touches? thanks

post-2-1098549041.jpg

The 2 bottom contacts only go to each other.

The other side of the switch should go to the motor or through the lamp to the motor.

If you have the toy apart, you should measure 3 volts across the motor contacts with the

switch in the on position.

If you go that far, just put a drop of light oil on each side of the motor shaft and start turning

the gear.

ok battery pack off , i would think there should be a wire going to lower contacts , what should that attach to ? switch next to white wire? brass clip?

post-2-1098550495.jpg

Thats right as you have it. The wire to the bottom brass contact is connected on the inside, you need to remove the insulating plate to see it. The other end of which goes to the motor.

Remember a switch is just a cut in circuit.

Thats right as you have it. The wire to the bottom brass contact is connected on the inside, you need to remove the insulating plate to see it. The other end of which goes to the motor.

Remember a switch is just a cut in circuit.

oh no , i know that, im refering to the lower wire in the battery compartment. there is no wire coming from the battery to the switch (if thats where it goes)

there is the wire coming from the top of the battery compartment but nothing from the lower.

thats what i dont know !!! lower battery compartment needs a wire! and i dont know where to connect it to. sorry its hard to explain.

I don't have this toy but I believe your lower battery tabs are just connected to each other. As Mike said, the red should connect to the white at the base of the battery compartment. This connects your batteries serially in the same way as a flashlight with 2 batteries one on top of the other. That is all those bottom wires should do. On the top, one goes through the switch and one acts as a return, or nuetral

I don't have this toy but I believe your lower battery tabs are just connected to each other. As Mike said, the red should connect to the white at the base of the battery compartment. This connects your batteries serially in the same way as a flashlight with 2 batteries one on top of the other. That is all those bottom wires should do. On the top, one goes through the switch and one acts as a return, or nuetral

wow, ok , thank you!

• Brian.. changed the title to Space Conqueror Wiring: Need Help

Archived