My New Build - Ironbot

Steve's Bots and Rays

My IronBot seems to be a cross between Iron Man and the Iron Giant. His color scheme is right out of Stark Industries with its red metallic automotive paint. His face would be familiar to Hogarth.

I have him on an elevated stand so the thrusters in his feet have room to breath and just enough angle to give the illusion of liftoff. White LEDs in his head and a cool blue one in his chest for the arc reactor glow. Warm flicker lights in his feet, hands and jet pack complete the propulsion package. Some detail shots to follow. Thanks for looking! -Steve

post-1487-0-00314600-1427652619_thumb.jp

post-1487-0-01886300-1427652635_thumb.jp

post-1487-0-46009800-1427652666_thumb.jp

post-1487-0-77570700-1427652753_thumb.jp

Very nice Steve! Beautiful integration of repurposed parts. The elevating stand is a nice touch. I'm guessing about 15" tall?

Wonderful work as always, Steve. Your robots look like they just came off the production line.

My only (small) issue is the white rubber part of the stand. Is there anyway to make that black or a more recessive color so it doesn't stand out so much. To me it kinda ruins the illusion of his take off.

Thanks for the comment guys.

Joe, total height is around 20 inches. Needed enough clearance for the bottom lights.

Andy, I'm still noodling on the white rubber clamp solution. It's thick and baked on so maybe it can be wrapped with black, matte vinyl tape. Something to keep the current protection against the metal body.

-Steve

The white rubber stuff is a Dip material it can be cut off with a single slice down any side then just peel off or you can spray it with Dip Plastic spray "comes in black and red" that you can buy at all big box hardware stores.

nice looking bot steve, i am curious as to what you used for the head and feet its an interesting shape i cant identify what it once was.

Thank for info on the Plastic spray paint John. I'll check it out!

The head and feet are electric service caps.

-Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived