Repro: Videos Of Metal House Robot Guts !

robothut

Very nice and educational video. Would love to see more models exposing their guts for us. Very clear video and nice slow motion. Looks like it could pass for factory vid with that quality and certain details.

The same guy has posted some modified Metal house robots as well with some inside shots. He does show how the brass pinon gear will wear out right away in the metal house robots and replacing it with a nylon gear will make it last longer

I will put viewing that on my weekend wishlist John. I am intrigued and too groggy at the moment to figure the plastic outlasting the brass. Set them exposed to sunlight for a year and it might be opposite?

Thanks for posting that John, very informative. Just confused about the nylon outlasting the brass. :scratchhead: Is that why the repop Mechanized have the nylon (or plastic?) gear? They thought it would last longer?

I was commenting on one of the guys other videos, I think the one posted above by target, any way in one of the videos the guy has up there he shows the metal on metal wear that happens when a soft brass pinion gear runs on a steal gear. a true nylon gear is a lot stronger than an soft brass gear and will last longer. Now cheep plastic gears will not last long at all, durlon gears are better yet. The guy seems to be hung up on using old school timer circuits to make his conversions run for a few seconds. Not sure why. I like the head of the robot in tagets post #7 but since our ice cream cones here in the USA do not come with clear plastic cover I guess we can not that style.

Very interesting videos. You take them for granted that they do what they do not realizing the complex mechanism involved.

• Brian.. changed the title to Repro: Videos Of Metal House Robot Guts !

Archived