Sankei Rocket Control Center

roboz

Unless I'm senile I remember seeing these frequently on ebay late 90's early 2000's

Now I can't find any info on this such as name , box ect?

Anyone know ??

post-18-0-58511100-1426707049_thumb.jpg

Well many thanks ! I just picked that up & could have sworn I had seen it before. Brian I do remember the common car or traffic versions but I also remember seeing a space version but not this particular style

So I thought it was a common space toy but guess it's not. Anyone else have one of these ?

Well this was from a smoke laden house but a few hours to de-grime helped , will never be a beauty queen but

hopeing the master gets it full operational speed ! :biggrin:

post-18-0-59928000-1427154178_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-73297100-1427154189_thumb.jpg

Finished up on Ozzies Rocket control center. Thought you might like a peak inside, a discription of what its supposed to do and a video of it in action. First the pictures and description.

The toy has a lot of actions, the radar units spin around as the space ships on the conveyer belt come towards you. The radar screen on the unit flashed ON and OFF. You control the position "Left or right" of your YELLOW ship that is facing in to oncoming traffic. The object is to not get hit hit by any of the space junk coming at you. if you do get hit then the unit will turn Off. This so that your yellow ship does not get carried a way by the space conveyer and disappear into the machine.There is a spot on the side rail that tells you to place your Yellow ship there to start. Under the conveyer there is a arm that swings left and right , controlled by the wheel on the console. The arm has a magnet on it that will attract the yellow ship if you place it in the right place.Also this arm with the magnet on it is a switch. When the yellow ship is in place the magnet is lifted up and contacts a brass plate that will turn ON the unit if the Master ON / Off switch on the console is also placed in the ON position.

post-7-0-82129500-1427581681_thumb.jpg

The view screen has space artwork printed on the inside, The idea being that you seen nothing until the light flashes ON.

post-7-0-48679900-1427581737_thumb.jpg

I remember Chuck showing this (the car version) at the last Botstock held at the Robot Hut a few years ago. That was pretty neat, but the rocket version looks great.

Nice toy Robothut. Very interactive. It reminds me of the video games of the 70s in the now-extinct Woolworth's where you put in a quarter and steer maneuvered over a course. How did you clean up the rust on the underside interior of this toy ?

As for the rust I would disasymble as much as could and feel comfortable about it and repaint and clear coat or just use a rotary tool with a stainless steel brush and then clear coat, as for the top and any existing rust I would just use a clear enamel with a rust inhibitor to stop the rat from spreading, but that's just me.

Hi Racer,

Those methods sound great on the interior of a toy you won't see unless you disassemble it. What do you recommend on getting rid of rust on the battery door and the battery compartment of a robot ?

Archived