Saucers And Stoves

amoebaboy

hi guys new saucer in the works and some vaugely sci fi looking stoves i built recently.

the saucer is nearly a meter across built almost entirely from aluminium , i want structure to resemble a real airframe as closely as possible so im trying to stick to metal rivets nuts and bolts wherever possible.

post-699-0-99636400-1425378726_thumb.jpg

post-699-0-35022400-1425379149_thumb.jpg

post-699-0-08686900-1425379168_thumb.jpg

post-699-0-02568100-1425379183_thumb.jpg

also here are a couple of wood burners i built, inevitably they came out looking kind of sci fi ish so thought some of you guys might like em.

post-699-0-19517000-1425379218_thumb.jpg

post-699-0-62167200-1425380344_thumb.jpg

The saucer is way cool! Your photos makes it look huge! I assume the saucer is photoshopped in. It looks like some really difficult metal bending on the saucer dish and dome. I can't wait to see it completed.

The saucer is way cool! Your photos makes it look huge! I assume the saucer is photoshopped in. It looks like some really difficult metal bending on the saucer dish and dome. I can't wait to see it completed.

Thanks Joe, it is kind of huge at least for me, nearly a meter across, the dome is beaten out from a flat sheet with a ball pein hammer on a wooden post and the dish started life as patio heater reflector, i have access to an english wheel and a swager, very cool metalworking tools, so i modified the dish a little for a better profile.

no photoshopping apart from taking out the post i balanced it on to take the photo, i think its just a perspective thing,

Fantastic looking saucer it looks like its starting to take off great photo. The stoves have that Steampunk art work look to them very nice. :thumbs:

Very cool stuff, AB! That saucer does looked photoshopped. How weird.

So what does one intend to do with a 1 meter wide saucer?

Very cool stuff, AB! That saucer does looked photoshopped. How weird.

So what does one intend to do with a 1 meter wide saucer?

no definite plans as yet , but having it crashed into the roof of my house might cause a bit of a stir.

Fantastic saucer & fabrication! I'd be tempted to put translucent green or blue windows in it & backlight the cabin with a soft glow… or maybe frosted windows backlit with blue, green, or maybe purple neon. But even unlit, it looks killer!

Great saucer and burners! I admire your metal-working skills. Yes, illuminate that cockpit!

-Steve

• 3 weeks later...

post-699-0-22336200-1427399888_thumb.jpg

post-699-0-17021200-1427399933_thumb.jpg

bit more work done on the saucer, the led lights work well very bright, the instument panel has a couple of layers of perspex[plexiglass} behind it with instument details scribed in on different levels to give it a bit of depth.

the domed area on the right of the instrument panel will eventually contain a juke box with miniature 45s , inspired by a dome fronted wurlitzer i once saw.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived