New Into Collecting Space Toys

JS1

Hi all

I just recently started a space toys collection, and I have one Robot so far :)

I was born in 1961 and vaguely remember the robots in the toy store - they were walking around a table (many of them at the same time) - and I even had a few. Unfortunately , they are long gone and I even can't remember how they looked like :(

Here is the first robot for my collection, the German Strenco

kind regards from BelgiumDSC00102.jpg

Johan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome JS1, I recall those tables of Christmas toys at the major department stores right through to the late 1970's where each toy company rep would have a bunch of tin toys running about on a designated table with bumpers to show off their newest stuff.

Strenco is a very strong start to a collection, congratulations on that. You obviously have set your standards high.

The items we see from Belgium are fantastic many of which we don't see much on this side of the world.

OK, I wanted to focus on robots (only!), but could not resist to pick up this very nice functional space patrol tank from Yonezawa ….

the green X-11 from ca 1967

DSC00121.jpg

SPACEPATROL%2014_1.jpg

Damn you JS1! I wanted that :-)

That's how it is for most of us, first it's a robot then it's "Hey this space tank is very cool" then it's "Man I gotta have this Ray gun" the next thing you know you and the delivery service people are on a first name basis and your wife who thought that first robot was so cute is now realizing that she is in direct competition for your attention with tin toys from the middle part of the last century and is now voicing her opinion every time the doorbell rings with saying like " Is that another robot? " and your absentminded responds of " Huh? uh no! uh I'm not sure, oh uh maybe are getting lame (when you know damn well it is because you received a text or email saying it was to be delivered today) Face it JS1, your a junkie, a space toy junkie and that computer is you dealer! You got to be strong get in a support group and nip this in the bud.....uh let me get back to you later on this....the doorbell just rang I think it's Bob the delivery guy....

Hi all,

Last weekend, I managed to add two additions to my tiny robot collection.

The first one was a must have :), Robby , the mechanized robot (ca 1957)

and the second one, well ….. I could not resists, a 4 gear High Wheel (ca 1967 ?). Both come with their original box.

Johan

ROBOTS.jpg

ROBOTS-001.jpg

I made some video of the three robots I have, ST-1, High Wheel and Robby. Hope you like them

ST-1 (the wind up key it a replacement)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oIfFGRrnOY&feature=youtu.be

High wheel (video start is a bit fuzzy, but then its fine after a few seconds)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VF3fjaQxso&feature=youtu.be

Archived