Paint: Best Silver Spray Paint?

David Kirk

Both, maybe. I'm looking fix up my rusted space explorer, which my mom brought me from a rummage sale in about 67. I could have bought a new one new the next Christmas for $6 but I figured I already had one. Doh!

Hah, and I found that I'd already asked this years and years ago. I need more memory, and some time to get this project finished. A warm day would help too!

I stripped the paint off my Space Explore yesterday (what a coincidence) I use a Dremel rotary tool with a 1 inch stainless steel wheel on low speed, I buy them from Widget Supply online in bulk (much cheaper) I spayed the parts today, I used Napa Genuine Paints from www.genuinepaints.com color code 30930 Diamond Silver Metallic. I take the toy in and they color match it for about $25.00 a can. I wanted to show you but somethings wrong with the photo uploader on the site

I've repainted mine a deep burgundy. Since it wasn't going to be original anyway, I thought I'd have something different, so the silver match isn't critical. Does Napa have a stock silver that would be as durable? When you say a stainless steel wheel, is that a brush wheel? Do you know how that little chrome rectangle under the TV screen is always a rusty mess? Mine was too. I stripped it, but wasn't sure what to do next. I suppose I could send it off to have it chromed, or just try to repaint the design on it and clear coat it. Any suggestions?

I've repainted mine a deep burgundy. Since it wasn't going to be original anyway, I thought I'd have something different, so the silver match isn't critical. Does Napa have a stock silver that would be as durable? When you say a stainless steel wheel, is that a brush wheel? Do you know how that little chrome rectangle under the TV screen is always a rusty mess? Mine was too. I stripped it, but wasn't sure what to do next. I suppose I could send it off to have it chromed, or just try to repaint the design on it and clear coat it. Any suggestions? It's funny, this is one of several problem robots I've had for nearly fifty or even over fifty years and they're still waiting for sprucing up.

Yes a Stainless steel wheel, as far as the rectangle is concerned you could send it out to be chromed or you could try Krylon chrome, I use it on my Attacking Martian fly eyes, go to "Customized Robots" on the Home page and click on "Attacking Martian from the polar ice cap of the Red planet" this is not the right photo, but you can still see how good it looks.

post-1784-243562.jpg

Archived